Question on adding multiple Gmail IMAP accounts into eM Client with OAuth tokens

Question on adding multiple Gmail IMAP accounts into eM Client with OAuth tokens.

If I add in say 4 different Gmail IMAP accounts into eM Client Pro where they all have their own separate Gmail login addresses and authorization tokens at the end via the wizard (which opens your browser to authorize each one) as normal for Gmail automatic setups, is it then going to be a problem being that they are not all logged into Gmail via the browser (at the same time) if that makes sense.

Eg: I normally only add my own single Gmail IMAP account into eM Client as well as my other 3 different non Gmail accounts, but a friend of today wants to add in 4 Gmail accounts into eM Client so just want to make sure there won’t be an issue. I’ve never added more than one Gmail account before all together in eM Client.

There won’t be any issue.

You add an account, authenticate in the web browser which creates the oAuth token for that account. Then you do the same for the second, making sure in the web browser you login with the correct credentials, and a separate oAuth token is created for that account. You can do that as many times as you want. Each will have its own token.

Once the account has been setup, it is not required to be logged in in the web browser. That was only to authenticate the account and create the token. It is a one off action for each account.

1 Like