Query on Spell Checker replacing words in the Body

Query on Spell Checker replacing the incorrect spelt word in the body of the email

If I type an incorrect word in the body of the email and then manually press F7 to bring up the automatic spell check window as per 1st screenshot below, if i then click “Replace” on a suggested corrected word, when its replaced in the spell checker window and completed as in the 2nd & 3rd screenshot below, the replaced word is not replaced in the body of the email (until i close the spell checker window) via the X at the top right of the window ? Its only replaced in the spell checker top window.

Should the incorrect word also be replaced in the body of the email when its replaced in the spell checker window ?

Currently using eM Client V8.2.1473 Windows

You mean it should be replaced in real-time in the underlying window?

For my spell help, I use the right-click-on-the-word method, but I do find some usability issues with the F7 window.

I can see why it doesn’t replace in the email body; that gives you a chance to click cancel and revert (although it could replace in the body and still revert).

A bigger usability issue, in my opinion, is that the F7 dialog is not modal. The way it is now, you can leave the F7 window open, go back to your email body, type more words, return to the F7 window and close it, either by clicking cancel or using the close button. Either way, it erases the words you typed after you first opened the F7. Not a good user experience. If the F7 window were modal, you wouldn’t be able to run into that gotcha.

Maybe something to think about at EM HQ.

1 Like

You mean it should be replaced in real-time in the underlying window?

@Gary yes i think it (should be real-time) replacing the incorrect word in the body when it replaces the word in the spell-check window (before going onto the next word), as @Victor.David says "although it could replace in the body and still revert too.

From a user point of view (to me anyway) it seems like its meant to replace the body incorrect word when it replaces it in the spell-check window real-time but either hasn’t been programmed that way, or is a bug and it should actually be replacing the word in the body at the same time.