QNAP, Baikal CardDAV/CalDAV Server SSL connection problem

Hello,

I run a Baikal CardDAV/CalDAV Server on my Qnap NAS. I want to reach the server by several Devices like Win PC, Linux PC, Android Phone and so on ,over SSL connection and an DynDNS service.
eM Client doing fine reaching the Server inside my own Network when I use the local IP of the NAS Web sever instead of the DynDNS domain. It doing fine, too if I using the carrier DSL Internet IP. eM Client tells me, there is an unsigned certificate and if I am allow to connect the client gets all the contacts and Calendar entrys. If I use the DynDNS domain instead, the Client don’t finish the setup and don’t ask for permission nothing. My Android Phone with the CardDAV and CalDAV app works fine with the SSL connection and the DynDNS domain. This shows that the server is reachable from outside.
Can you help me to connect my eM Client to my CalDAV server over unsigned SSL?

Thanks

Hello,

no one there to help me?

Today I tried my Linux mail client ‘evolution’ and I getting a connection to my CardDAV/CalDAV Server with SSL and DynDNS.

Why eM Client don’t like the way over DynDNS to my server?

Hello,

I will need your CalDAV logs, go to tools - settings - advanced, check CalDAV under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Simulate steps that leads to your issue and after that send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan

Hello Jan,

I send you my log files, but i thing you don’t will see so much in there. If i try to set up the CardDav or CalDav Server with an DynDns Name, eM don’t finish the setup and never shows the Contact or calendar link on the left side. It worksfine with the intern IP or the service carrier extern IP.

Thanks for the help and enjoy your
X-mas time.

I have reply from my colleague, please send to my email screenshot of your eM Client’s what it does after you use you try to authenticate.

Jan