Problems using QHD+ screen (3K) resolution

Thats great to hear, just upgraded to Dell XPS 15 with a QHD+ and it is very hard to use the app. I’m happy to do testing of beta if thats needed and provide feedback.

Here is another related issue. When I try to adjust the list font to anything over 9pt I get this message:

I use a 4K resolution laptop and have my Windows OS settings custom scaling factor set to 235% magnification for all text. Things work out just fine usually for me. eMC displays everything quite well using Segoe UI,8.920354pt as the default font in the Settings panel.

I’m happy it works for you using such huge scaling. Personally I paid so much more for 4k display to be able to have much bigger desktop and scaling this high would completely negate my purchase of 4k display. The RC 7 version has the scaling fixed and works well in that regard but unfortunately the email conversion during installation has lost body content for about 50% of my emails along with other issues or broken functionality therefore I had to roll back to ver 6. The ability to adjust the font for the lists is broken in both version 6 and RC 7.

There is no way you can use a 4K display without scaling until Microsoft deals with the issue at the Windows OS level. If you are using Windows OS, scaling is a given for 4K displays, so the only question is finding a value that works for your likes.

Fonts are adjustable for lists in the RC 7 version. You just have to understand that with high resolution screens, you are going to have to deal with the fractional font size values, and not just 10 pt this or 12 point that.

If things are fine with v6, export all your email to .eml files that you can then manually import into v7 to avoid this content loss you experienced. I had several thousand emails that all imported just fine.

Again RC7 scales fine as the app was fixed to properly do so. Its normal for older apps to not scale well in 4k displays. For example Adobe CS4 does not scale with out hacking but newer versions do. Not quite fallowing your ‘fractional font size values’ comment. No other app has any issues with full font sizes. Why would this app be any special in this regard? It clearly looks like validation in the app being broken. the validation that checks if the selected font size will fit in the defined row height. Increasing row height to 27 has no effect on the ability to set the font size over 9pt. The funny thing is that default is 9pt and the app then limits the selection down to 8pt,  another bug. Hopefully new versions of RC will have this fixed. Looks like a few lines of code.