Problems setting up email from godaddy.

I am trying to setup an email (from GoDaddy) in emClient, but it just seems to never finish loading (the wheel just turns for over an hour).  I have very few emails and no folders (other than standard) so I can only think it is ‘locking up’??  How long should it take to create a new account and sync that account?  I’ve tried reinstalling emClient, restarting computer, etc.

Hi Angela, setting up an account should not take longer than several seconds-minutes. However the initial synchronization may take a while if you’re using GoDaddy’s Office 365 account, as using the Exchange Web Services protocol all your items have to be synchronized with the server, this may take a while.

Since this topic was submitted about a day ago, are you still having issues while synchronizing the account? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer?

Thank you,
Paul

No, I can’t even restart the program without running that emstackdump file. I don’t think I am using the GoDaddy’s Office 365 account but I did try setting up Outlook and that worked just fine.  I am currently using Windows Live Mail but your software fits so many of my needs I really want to make it work.  I what to purchase the full version software IF I can get it working!

Hi again Angela, now I’m a bit lost, what emstackdump file? This tool should not help you close the application, but if the application freezes while you’re trying to setup the account, can you please run the stackdump tool (http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack…) and submit the stack dump file generated to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Are you setting up the account using the automatic setup?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

Yes, sorry well I was trying all kinds of things.   I found emstackdump on your website on the forums and yes I’ve used it when the application freezes and when I can’t open emClient. It sometimes work, at least I thought it did. LOL. BUT it didn’t work today and I can’t open emClient AT all!!!   I sent a screen shot to your email as requested.

Yes, I was setting up the account using automatic setup.

I downloaded emClient from your website so I assume it’s current.  Right now I am rendering a large video file so as soon as that is done I’ll try restarting my computer and see if I can open it after a restart.

Hi again Angela, eM Stack Dump is not a utility that would help you resolve a frozen application, this just generates a stackdump file in your documents folder as mentioned in the popup after you run the utility, please submit the stackdump file saved into your documents folder to my email with a reference link to this forum topic.

The screenshot unfortunately does not contain any additional information about the issue.

Regards,
Paul

Ok, I’ve restarted my computer and emClient automatically ran a database check (I have screen shot if that helps) then opened.  It still does not get any emails from my GoDaddy account and the ‘wheel’ just runs and runs (left it for two hours).  I can’t delete the folder or stop the wheel.  I closed the program and now it will NOT open at all again.  What should I do from here?

I finally was able to delete the folder and then tried again.  Still same problem. Should I try a complete reinstall?  Please help your program is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for, for a LONG time. Like I said I am more than happy to PAY for the program if I can get it working!

Hi Angela, as I suggested, please create the stack dump file and submit it to my email along with a reference link to this forum topic in case the application locks up or freezes, send me the output file so we can check for more information about this issue.

Regards,
Paul

Got it!  Sent the files.  Sorry, my brain was not in gear.  I kept thinking the screen shot was the file.  Dumb!!!  I send the four files to your email.

Can you please update your eM client to this release and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.22065/setup.msi in case it does, please try to create a couple more stack dumps and send me the stack dump from the updated release.

Thank you,
Paul

Do I have to uninstall or anything first?

No, just update the application using the installer.

Thank you,
Paul

Ok, I updated with installer but it still just kept loading and loading the email from GoDaddy, never got any emails the wheel just kept turning.  When I close the program I can’t open it again unless I restart my computer.  Should I tried disabling the account and setting it up manually?

Still waiting for help on this matter.  Is it possible there is a conflict with Windows Live Mail and emClient?

Hi Angela, sorry about my belated response, I have received the data from you in my email and requested more information about the issue from the developers, I’ve not yet received an official reply, please be patient, I’ll check back with you as soon as we know more about the issue.

Thank you,
Paul