Problems sending email (SMTP authentication not supported) and calendar issue

After I had installed and migrated I get the following message “SMTP server does not support authentication.” when I try to send. Any ideas?

Also can you tell me why it didn’t migrate all my calendar information. Only bits of it - but the most important things have not moved over. I don’t want to have to input them all again.

Hi,
does the problem persist? If so, please tell us more information (e.g. what email and calendar provider do you use). To illustrate the calendar issue maybe some screenshots of calendars would be handful. Send it to [email protected] if you want.

i have the same problem, i thik the problem is:

smtp autentication : sendpassword whithout security

but i can’t find this option in em client
ineed help

We have managed to find a workaround and the fixed version will be available soon.

Any update on this? I’m still not able to send messages. Thanks,

Are you getting any error messages?

I never heard back on this…what is the work around?

so long ago I can’t remember now. I stopped using eM Client almost immediaely after my problem occurred so have no experience

Same issue on my side,
I’ve got my own server in the Internet. Prior the update of that server, the SMTP passwords were PLAIN TEXT (no encryption, no TLS).
Now, after update, the SMTP server seems to use CRAM-MD method to verify the password.

This deems not to work with the most current V4 (I have the bundled pro version included in Softmaker Office Pro 2012).

Would it be corrected in V5 (beta)?

Hello,
are you getting any error messages? eM Client supports both authentication methods you mentioned so the problem may lie somewhere else.

In order to get more information send us your SMTP log please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check “SMTP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.