Problems importing folders from Outlook 2007

I switched from a GoDaddy POP account to an IMAP account and am trying to use eM Client to sync everything up. On my main laptop I imported all my Outlook 2007 folders. They show up, then they went away. I see them on GoDaddy WebMail, but not under my Inbox, they are in a separate “Inbox” below. I think it synced those folders, but for some reason removed them from the client.

Any ideas?

I am also getting constant errors CalDAV attempt to connect errors every few minutes. I saw this post:

Hi, if you’re currently experiencing issues with GoDaddy’s accounts, please try to navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your GoDaddy Account > SMTP, and change the security policy to “Don’t use secure connection” using port 25.

And tried that but the errors still persist.

OK following up here. The initial problem I believe is solved. In Outlook the sub folders were under “INBOX” but when I tried to restore eM Client with those folders, they would upload to GoDaddy but not under “INBOX” any longer. Well, not the real Inbox, it would create another folder called Inbox and I couldn’t see that with my eM Client apps. So what I did was move those subfolders up one level, then they could be accessed by eM Client. Now I can see those folders, so great!

The problem is I still get the [CalDAV] An attempt to connect to (my email) failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?

I do check the settings and I tried to play with ports and SSL stuff but no luck. Are there specific settings I need for eM Client connecting to GoDaddy for IMAP mail?

Hello Ryan,
sounds like the mail issue is fixed and the problem is with your Calendar, not the mail itself, correct? Is the CalDAV a separate calendar account or is it connected to a different mail account? If you attempt to access the calDAV server through web does it work?

Regards,
Olivia

I did not even realize that error was for the calendar. Can I connect eM to my Gmail calendar?

Hello Ryan,
you can set up the calendars as separate accounts, in Tools>Accounts choose New Account and there, instead of automatic setup, choose Calendar>Google Calendar.

Regards,
Olivia