Problem sending receiving emails

Hi there,

I have added my website emails and i cannot send / receive.

Basically when i refresh the emails it seems that only hotmail, gmail emails are being checked.

The rest not.

I tried all the smtp, pop3 settings mentioned in this forum but still nothing?

I have the free version and have added 6 email accounts for your consideration.

Thanks in advance,

Philios.

The free license only allows 2 email accounts. All others will be disabled.

If you want to use more than 2 accounts, you will need to purchase a Pro License.

Sounds good but shouldn’t you limit the free account into 2 accounts or pop up a message with this…thus save people time, have a chance to increase your sales?

I mean this is not human friendly and it should had been mentioned in an obvious way through a pop up.

“CAN’T ADD MORE THAN 2 EMAILS…GET THE PRO LICENSE TODAY FOR 30%” as an example.

Very BAD from any perspective not to inform people about this clearly or at least block the additional accounts…or when someone press to add 3 account the software can inform about the limitation of the free version.

You do get a warning.

If you click on I Understand , you are allowed to continue with just 2 accounts enabled and the rest disabled.

Oops did not see that…probably the eye moves directly to the right and not to the left that says Get Pro License = PAY.

The above description i did not read.

Maybe 2 accounts could be bold?!

I paid and still cannot sign my accounts?

walauthsmtp14: Host 46.251.117.83

Once you have received your Pro License, go to Menu > Help > License. You need to deactivate the Free License and activate the Pro License.