Problem sending e-mail on new account

I set up a new account, and my inbox filled up, but if I try to send i get a message saying there is no account to send from. I suspect the SMTP settings are wrong, but I can’t see where to change them. Help!

Hi Marilyn, can you please navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your account and check if there’s an SMTP tab available for your account? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the SMTP settings and post it here on the forum.

If you don’t have an SMTP tab available in eM Client, this means there’s no outgoing service setup, try to setup your account manually in Tools > Accounts > New Account > Mail > Other.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Dear Paul

Many thanks. I suspected there was a missing SMTP tab. I’ve just tried to set up a new account, but it seems to be trying to do it automatically again. Is there a different way to set up an account manually?

Reply. Ignore that, Done it. Many thanks.

Have you been able to setup the account with the SMTP service? Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

Yes, problem was I use separate e-mail host and isp, so mail is relayed. The POP server doesn’t match the SMTP server. Got it sorted manually.

Thanks again.