Problem opening MS WORD attachments on emails

I am sending myself an email from my Gmail email address (using Outlook on another PC and another location) to my business account with a WORD attachment. When it arrives in my business email account in eM, I try to open it but get an error message in WORD: “The Office Open XML file cannot be opened because of problems with its content.” Selecting the option to repair makes no difference - I still cannot open it. I have tried saving the file and opeining it afterwards but get the same error message. Is this s problem with sending via gmail to eM or a problem with WORD and eM? If I open the same attachment in Outlook then there is no problem but I am trying to move from Outlook to eM…

Hello Helen, I’m not quite sure what error you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the error message and submit it to us here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

What mail service are you synchronising eM Client with, is it your Gmail account only, or are you perhaps using multiple account and experiencing the issue on both?

Thank you,
Paul

Dear Paul

i have uploaded the three error messages I get but as they are in Dutch, they may not be much use to you. These are appearing in WORD when I double click a WORD attachement in an email that has arrived from gmail into my eM mailbox.
Basically, message one and three give the message (as in the email above) “The Office Open XML file cannot be opened because of problems with its content.”. Message two gives the option to choose ‘repair’ but leads to message three.

I am not synchronising my eM account with Gmail but with a SMPT server mail63.sohosted.com

As I said in the original post, I am using eM version 6.0.22344.0

If I open the email and attachment in Outlook, I get no error message and the attachment opens fine.

Thanks,
Helen

By the way, If I click on “details”, I get a box that says that the file is damaged and cannot be opened