Problem Mowing mail vom archive to server

With em client I want to move some emails from the archive back to the server.

Unfortunately, some emails on the server can no longer be read, for example with the Gmail web client or in the Apple Mail program. Instead, a confused HTML text appears. Strangely, these emails are displayed correctly within EM Client. I transferred the database from an old to a new PC (…rooming\em client). how can I prevent the formatting from being destroyed? Where is the problem?

I want to move some emails from the archive back to the server.

Normally you just drag the messages back from the eM Client archive folder back to whatever email account folder you want. Sounds like either some local archive message problem. Or maybe a problem with the mail database somewhere.

The other options you can try is eg: Create a folder on your desktop called Old Mail and then drag whatever archive emails you want to that Old Mail folder, and then drag them directly to your eM Client account server folder or folders.

When you drag them to a desktop folder, they will be in normal .eml format which is compatible with any cloud mail server accounts. You don’t loose any formatting when it goes to .eml.

The other option is to eg: “Export the archive emails you want via the eM Client Menu to .eml file’s” and “then import that directly to your server mailbox online” which will then sync back to your eM Client account or accounts.

Note: If you try either of the above options, backup eM Client first via “Menu / Backup” (Pc) or “File / Backup” (Mac) incase you have any problems so you can easily restore. You can see when the backup is complete via Show Operations in the dropdown on the right of Refresh at the top left.

Unfortunately, all methods didn’t work. On the contrary, the exported email could not be read back in due to an error message “not fully loaded”. I’m wondering how this can happen with the EM client. For me it is a very serious software error that absolutely needs to be solved by EM, Client! Please test moving the archive back to a Gmail server within EM, Client yourself.

Unfortunately, all methods didn’t work. On the contrary, the exported email could not be read back in due to an error message “not fully loaded”.

Please test moving the archive back to a Gmail server within EM, Client yourself.

Moving emails from the Gmail Archive folder to either a mail account or the desktop and back “worked fine for me” . Also exporting emails from the archive worked fine as well with the latest release ver 9.2.x for Pc and Mac. So I cannot fault eM Client.

Sounds like your archive messages have some issue with them and you may need one of those archive messages diagnosed by support.

I would then restore the backup you made as I advised above prior to moving via “Menu / File / Restore” (Pc) or “File / Restore” (Mac).

Then if you have eM Client Pro and an active subscription lodge a support ticket via the following page and an assigned engineer will get back to you to advise.

If you have run out of your support time, you can extend that for another 12 months via the following page.

Now if you don’t have eM Client Pro then another forum member might be able to help you.