Pro Support? How Long Should I Wait for a Reply

I posted a ticket on the pro support page over 12 hours ago. Critical. Cannot use eMc at all.
Never got a reply. I’m a paid user. Ticket# 136948

How long is pro support supposed to take?

Really disappointing.

jueves 14 octubre 2021 :: 0856hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @ajason

There is an expression in English “How long is a piece of string”
I have no idea, it will depend on how busy they are.
You could post your query on this Forum with full details of your issue

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

@ajason

While you are waiting for a reply on your ticket, what happens when you try and use eM Client ?

Can you open the program and if you can, do you get any error messages. Can you give us more information on the actual problem. Someone then may possibly be able to help you on this thread.

Also what version of eM Client do you have, and do you have Windows or Mac.

We work normal business hours, so if you opened a ticket after 6pm CET, it won’t be seen until the next morning. Sorry.

I did reply to your ticket though. Your issue was caused by a temporary issue with the license server, which has now been fixed.

There’s another expression in English, “Use common sense.” I was asking what is a reasonable, typical or expected time to wait for a tech support reply. Someone using common sense would realize that. I didn’t think I had to explain it fully.

The problem I had was that the program would not accept my license key. Why? I was provided this explanation (about 15 hours after I created the ticket) “*Unfortunately there was a temporary issue with the license server. It has now been fixed. Apologies for the disruption.”

So, for those interested 15 hours can be considered a typical time to reply. Very poor tech support service, I think.

viernes 15 octubre 2021 :: 1305hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @ajason

Is there something lost in translation that I do not understand?

“How long is a piece of string” my understanding is that this an idiomatic English expression indicating that there is no reasonable answer, which was a fact in this case, and I did say I had no idea.

“Use common sense” tal vez un comentario razonable si se hubiera dirigido a los responsables.

If more information had been provided you might have received help; 99.0% of us that offer help on this Forum are users not employees of eMC, and I did suggest you post details of your issue and you chose not to do that, also as far as I know none of us are clairvoyant.

Hopefully should you ever be unfortunate enough to have any other issue you will know what to do.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.