"Pro License" is now "Personal" EXCEPT previous Pro users must buy new Personal License if we want multiple devices. SO WRONG!

It’s a matter of sales policy. Some companies know that giving something extra to existing users can help improve their image, satisfaction and increase number of referrals. Other companies are focusing on new users because the profit from this group is the most noticeable. It is what it is - complaining won’t help much. Each company has an independent sales policy. Of course I don’t think it’s fair, but it’s nothing extraordinary.

2 Likes

I paid 25 euros for the upgrade from the Pro version 9 to version 10 for one device (I took advantage of the offer that appeared with payment by July 2024). If I had known that for 39.90 euros I would have had the possibility to use three devices, what do you think I would have done? Obviously, I would have bought the Personal… what a sneaky way to make money. It’s a shame because the app was working well…

1 Like

@barcello

I paid 25 euros for the upgrade from the Pro version 9 to version 10 for one device (I took advantage of the offer that appeared with payment by July 2024). If I had known that for 39.90 euros I would have had the possibility to use three devices, what do you think I would have done

Yes I understand. All that I can suggest then if you are unhappy with your V10 purchase where you would have preferred to have the Personal 3 license version is to eg: email [email protected] and explain your situation.

1 Like

@barcello, I don’t think it is possible to buy a licence for 1 device. As far as I know, any Pro licence can be installed on 2 devices, any Personal licence can be installed on 3 devices. It might be worth trying to install your Personal licence on 2 more devices to test this. I also paid €25 to upgrade 1 Pro licence to 1 Personal licence and it works on 3 devices. There are a lot of misunderstandings and disinformation in this thread.

@RobinW When I upgraded from version 9 to 10, my license remained Pro and didn’t change to Personal, so I can’t test it…

Anyway, Pro is for 1 device, while Personal is for 3 devices, as far as I know.

As suggested by @cyberzork, I wrote an email to sales… let’s see their answer.

A Pro license is for 1 device only, unless you have purchased additional seats.

Not possible. You can’t upgrade a Pro license to a Personal license.

Yes, because you are saying things that just aren’t true.

Sorry for adding to the confusion, I am just reporting my personal experience.