privacy policy and advertising

1. ADVERTISING Generally.We may use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Site/Application(s)/Services. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Site/Application(s)/Services and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies.
    Targeted Advertising.In order to serve offers and advertisements that may interest you, we may display targeted advertisements on the Site/Application(s)/Services, or other digital properties or applications in conjunction with our content based on information provided to us by our users and information provided to us by third parties that they have independently collected. We do not provide personal data to advertisers when you interact with an advertisement.

https://www.emclient.com/docs/em-client-privacy-policy.pdf

I’m looking into Em Client, and was a bit surprised that they don’t have privacy policy or security information easy to find from their homepage. I found the privacy policy via a web search.

These statements in the privacy policy could be interpreted to say that they allow advertisers to run their own trackers within em client. They don’t state who these advertisers are. You could interpret that paragraph to read that they allow their advertisers to track outgoing click information.

Can someone share an official link or information that states that EM client does not use, or allow partnered advertisers to use any data from our emails, interactions with emails, clicks within email to external sites etc…

Even if they aren’t privy to the content of emails, senders / recipients etc… I don’t need Facebook and Google Analytics collecting interaction and click info within my email inbox or calendar.

What does this actually refer to as there is no third-party advertising in the application?  Is it maybe just referring to the website, because that would make sense?

I couldn’t find any other privacy policies, and it says that it applies to Site/Application(s)/Services

we may display targeted advertisements on the Site/Application(s)/Services, or other digital properties or applications in conjunction with our content based on information provided to us by our users

Here is the EM Client official Privacy Policy & Advertising PDF from the homepage - https://www.emclient.com/docs/em-client-privacy-policy.pdf

The advertisements must be on the web site, though I have never seen any. The application definitely does not have adverts, neither the Free License nor the Pro License versions.

Yes, that is the link that Dan gave above.