Print Preview window not showing attached .jpg images in body of the email"

Using eM Client V9.2.1222 for Windows if i receive emails where pictures that were (only attached to the email and not pasted inline) they show in the body of the email ok as in the 1st screenshot below.

However, if i then go to “print those received emails” in eM Client, i (never see the attachment images shown in the body of the email) in the Print Preview window.? Seems like a bug.

(Email received in eM Client with .jpg attachment)

(Print Preview in eM Client with .jpg attachment)

(Email received in Gmail online with .jpg attachment)

(Print Preview in Gmail online with .jpg attachment)

Image attachments are previewed below the message body in eM Client, but we don’t include any attachments in the printout. The print is just the message body. Has always been like that.

Image attachments are previewed below the message body in eM Client, but we don’t include any attachments in the printout.

Ok I see. I will then turn this into a Feature Request, as I print out alot of these via Gmail online for reference all the time and need to see what the actual attachments are that go with each email all together & not separately.

Same here. But instead of showing nothing, placeholder “image not found” is shown and printed to the pdf, when only “print selected” is used. I also noticed that page selection, if entered, is not used when saving to pdf.

Version: 9.2.1577 (9f64452)