Preview Panel is not automatically displaying message

I recently installed eM Client on my desktop, so I am still getting used to it.

I swear that when I first installed it, every time I would receive a new email, it would display the new email in the preview panel automatically when it arrived WITHOUT me having to click it if I didn’t have any emails in my current inbox at the time (I like to keep old emails in folders you see), but since editing the theme and some of the settings, it doesn’t seem to be doing that any more.

I am trying to work out if I am imagining it or if I have accidentally edited something.

Hi Melissa,

You can check the notification settings in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Notifications where you can set the Pop-up windows and icons in the tray area when the new mail arrives.

Russel

I have tried the options in there but still no luck. My email preview section is always blank unless I manually select the message.

Hi Melissa,

I probably misunderstood what you meant. You mean when you have empty Inbox and you receive a new message eM Client doesn’t open this message in the preview, am I right? Unfortunately, this is a default behaviour so you didn’t cause this with settings changes. 

Russel

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry, it was probably my bad for not explaining clearly :slight_smile:

Thanks for clarifying that though. I thought I had broken something, haha.