Preview of notes

Dear forum,

after capturing a note, I expect the content to appear in the preview window (see ‘picture 1’, nothing shown in preview area). However, this is not the case. To see the content, I have to open the note (see 'picture 2). Ist hat the way emClient works ? Surely not. What am I doing wrong ?

after capturing a note, I expect the content to appear in the preview window (see ‘picture 1’, nothing shown in preview area). However, this is not the case

After capturing using (whatever capture program you do that with), are you then eg: clicking in the subject or body of eM Client compose window and pasting it manually from your clipboard ?

Or does your capture program have some sort of eg: share to mail client option where you then (after capture) automatically see eM Client open with a new message window and then whatever you captured is surposed to just appear in the subject or body of the email / message window ?

Can we get more info on how you are doing it.

Lastly are you using Windows or Mac and what OS version, and what version of eM Client are you using. eg: V8 or latest V9 & ver number ?

Hello Cyberzork,

sorry for using the word ‘capturing’ that could lead to misunderstandings.

I mean 'after typing in some text I expect the text to appear in the preview window (see ‘picture 1’, nothing shown in preview area). To see the text, I have to open the note (see ‘picture 2). Ist hat the way emClient works ? Surely not. What am I doing wrong ?’

I’m using the newest version of emClient and windows 11.

If you are referring to adding a note to any eg: incoming or sent messages see the below eM Client “Quick notes for emails video” below from the eM Client V9 new blog features.

You just basically "right click on any incoming mail Subject or “right click on any outgoing sent mail Subject” and click “Add Note” near the bottom of the menu. Alternatively you can “right click on an empty space” along the toolbar at the top and click “Customize” and add that option as a button to select anytime. So this add note doesn’t work for new email messages that haven’t gone out yet.

You add the note onto the email “once emails have been sent or received” so you know what its about.

Quick notes for emails (Pro)

Add a note to an email without making any changes to the message itself.

eM Client 9 - The next version of eM Client is here!

eM Client 9 - The next version of eM Client is here! | eM Client

Thanks a lot for these additional informations. But I’m talking about the note module. When I create a new note in this module, type in some text and save it, the text I typed in will not shown in the preview area of this note. To see the text I typed in I have to open the note. Question: Why will the text not shown in ther preview area ?

Thanks a lot for these additional informations. But I’m talking about the note module

Ah ok the actual note module. I will test that out and update this thread.

What version is that please?
You will find the version number in Menu > Help > About.

@Klausi

Provided you are using a recent version of eM Client V8 or V9 all that should happen is that "when you create / add a new note either under either your cloud account or local notes, you “first type in your Note Title” name as in eg: my Shopping Title name below, and then click down into the Body of the note below and type in what you need to do in the note. So nothing is mean’t to preview anything (that im aware of) when you type in the Note Title or Note body info. If it does preview i don’t know where. Its just a simple easy note section.

Once the note is then saved you end up with the note Titles on the left and the Note info on the right when you click the note Title.

See my Outlook Exchange account Note example below using V9 for Windows. But its the same in recent V8 for Windows or Mac too. As @Gary says need to know which version of eM Client you have if not working the same as mine below. Also are you using Windows or Mac OS.

Version:

ecClient_version

Example of my approach (please download from WeTransfer):

@Klausi

You have the latest official V9 release, so try changing to the default theme in eM Client and see if it then looks & works the same as my example above. I use the same ver of eM Client from the version history page.

To change themes, go to “Menu / Settings / Appearance / Themes” and choose the standard classic theme or any of the lighter themes.

If it looks and works the same as my example above, then nothing wrong. If it still doesn’t look or work the same as my notes example then uninstall eM Client and (don’t delete the database) when asked on uninstall and reinstall that same version.

Note - Before uninstalling eM Client backup first via “Menu / Backup”

Thanks a lot !! Now it works fine.

1 Like