Please provide an option to auto clear 30+ days old emails

Please provide an option to auto clear 30+ days old emails.

as well provide an option for user defined range like after a week, 15 days or month. Thanks

There is currently only options to auto delete spam mail older than 30days via “Menu / Settings / General” (Pc) or “eM Client / Preferences / General” (Mac)

Apart from that you could setup “Automatic Archiving” in eM Client to clear out old mail more than 30 days.

Automatic archiving moves account messages older than a selected threshold or x amount of days to an archive folder stored locally.

See eM Client Automatic Archiving documentation links below.

(Automatic Archiving)

https://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/9.2/eMClient/Default.htm#Settings/Automatic%20Archiving.htm?Highlight=automatic%20archiving

(Archive your emails easily with eM Client)

https://www.emclient.com/blog/archive-your-emails-easily-with-em-client-315

Thank you for your response and update but what I am asking is auto delete option for deleted messages. and not auto archive

I am asking is auto delete option for deleted messages and not auto archive

Ok sry your post question was different as it referred to old emails not deleted emails.

If you want to auto delete trash messages, eM Client has an option to “Delete messages on exit” via going to the same Menu Settings / General section and check the box “Empty trash on exit”.

Apart from that if you have an eg: IMAP, Office 365, Exchange type mail account, the servers are normally setup to auto delete trash after 30 days. Some servers even have more specific user retention auto delete trash options available.

Now if your mail server doesn’t, contact your server technical support for assistance if that can be enabled for your particular mailbox.

I personally use Gmail and Microsoft servers which both auto delete trash after 30 days.

Thank you for your response and clarification…

and sorry for the confusion created i forgot to mention clearing 30+ days old deleted emails…

in my case i use iCloud. with apple mail client 30 days old deleted emails get cleared automatically but with eM client does not hence was asking for an option to clear 30 days old emails

i want deleted emails to remain for certain duration and then to be deleted and not immediately.

in my case i use iCloud. with apple mail client 30 days old deleted emails get cleared automatically but with eM client does not hence was asking for an option to clear 30 days old emails.

As Apple iCloud then also auto delete mail older than 30days as you advised, then you cannot stop or delay that longer in eM Client, unless Apple tech support can disable the 30day trash delete option at your server mailbox end and then give you other manual or automatic retention del trash options which then will get reflected in eM Client as your mail account is all controlled by the Apple iCloud mailbox.

So i would contact Apple Tech support and let them know what you want to do. Could be they already have other options available in their mailboxes for what you are wanting to do.

Now if Apple don’t have any different iCloud mailbox Trash delete options suitable, then you could eg: create a folder down in eM Client Local Folders at the bottom left called say “Old Acct Trash” , and then move anything you want out of your iCloud Trash folder before 30days to that Local folder, which then won’t get auto deleted.

Note:- If you do manually move messages to Local Folders, make sure you setup either Automatic periodic backups in eM Client Settings or Manual backups regularly in eM Client via the Menu along the top, incase you ever need to restore at a later date.

no its apple mail client which clears 30 days old emails and not icloud! as of now in em client i have deleted emails from July-23…had it been in apple mail client it would have got deleted by now…

all i am asking is a simple option to auto clear 30+ days old deleted emails.

no its apple mail client which clears 30 days old emails and not icloud! as of now in em client

Ah ok so the deletion of trash after 30days is not server side done, but is locally done in the client.

Well then “If there is enough users who also want that same option”, then eM Client may add that in the future to Settings.

I will then change this post to a feature request.

thank you for the update and consideration

+1
really need to have this feature. Or at least allow the trash folder to be excluded from automatic backups.

1 Like

@NMA thanks for your vote but let trash folder be part of backups…