Pictures in emails always break in replies

Em client is really starting to get on my nerves. I create snippets of important information in some emails and then send, and do a couple of follow ups, and today I went to reply, and then all the pictures were missing and instead had their file names.

This is an ongoing thing. the only way to fix it, was to say Forward, as original, where it retained all the contents.

I’m now having to everything important in emclient, create a google docs, with the pictures because emclient seems intent on removing all pictures on occasion, why?

If you are pasting images inline into eM Client and then send the emails, and you find the images “are not always then showing” or “not showing at all” in the sent folder, then that could be eg: your OS clipboard might need clearing out to start new, or your current image program you use to copy and paste images to eM Client is not copying to the clipboard and pasting the bitmap image 100%.

So suggest for a test “before pasting images into eM Client”, to try copying the original image to a different paint editor such eg: Paint.net (Pc) or Pinta (PC/Mac) and then copy from there and paste it to eM Client and see if that then shows the images ok after you send your emails. Send an email to one of your own email addresses to test.

Now if a different paint editor / viewer then doesn’t make any difference, then try clearing your OS clipboard and reboot your computer and then see if that makes any difference. To clear the OS clipboard for Windows 10 & 11 see the following Microsoft link. To clear the OS clipboard on Mac, see the following Apple community thread link.

Apart from that, suggest to try uninstalling and reinstalling “your same or later version of eM Client” via the release history page, and if you have Windows, “don’t delete the database” when asked on the uninstall wizard. Then reopen eM Client and see if that fixes it.

Also check that your eM Client “Privacy settings” are set to allow images for your senders or you may not see images when reading or replying.

Also check that your OS updates are all up to date, in case there is eg: system files that eM Client needs that are possible missing in yours.

Now if this only happens when you reply or forward other senders emails and “not when you forward your own sent mail”, then that can be due to eg: “if the sender has externally linked images” which then may or may not display depending on if the server where the images are linked to is online.

So if a senders email has broken images when you reply or forward, right click on the broken image and view the source code and see if it’s pointing to an external eg: http:// image or not.

Sometimes senders emails have also pointed images to their eg: local hard-disk path which is the cause so then displayed broken images in eM Client. So could be a sender image path problem.

Can you give a screenshot of how this appears?