Pec email account - has stopped working as usual

Hello there,

Unexpectedly, the Em Client software has stopped receiving only for the PEC account. It is unable to connect separately, even though it was functioning without any issues until yesterday. At the same time, the PEC mail is visible via the web client, and I can access it using the password I normally use for the function.

Furthermore, I have disabled the firewall, assuming a scenario involving blocked protocols, but even in this case, it doesn’t work. I have also installed a second account, so now I have both an IMAP and a POP3 account configured as required by both Aruba and your support pages. However, in both cases, it doesn’t work. I should mention that I use SSL and specific ports, and the system has always been functional until yesterday.

I have tried various troubleshooting steps, but I’m unsure of what the issue could be. Therefore, I kindly request your support in this matter.

em client error message is the following:
15:38:52 [email protected] [POP3] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Connessione fallita a causa del seguente motivo:
“Unable to read data from the transport connection: Impossibile stabilire la connessione. Risposta non corretta della parte connessa dopo l’intervallo di tempo oppure mancata risposta dall’host collegato…”
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.b__0()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.ReceiveAsync(Action1 receivedItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Receive()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.ReceiveAllInternal(Boolean checkIncludeInGlobalOperations)
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAndReceiveAll(Boolean checkIncludeInGlobalOperations)
at MailClient.UI.Forms.formMain.sendReceiveAll()
at MailClient.UI.Forms.formMain.stripButton_Refresh_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.ControlToolStrip.ControlToolStripButton.PerformClick()
at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.ControlToolStrip.ControlToolStripButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Controls.AutomationViewUserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Interop.User32.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.Interop.Mso.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(UIntPtr dwComponentID, msoloop uReason, Void* pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at MailClient.Program.<>c.b__185_3()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.run_message_loop()
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

thank you for the support
Best Regards

Unexpectedly, the Em Client software has stopped receiving only for the PEC account. It is unable to connect separately, even though it was functioning without any issues until yesterday.

I have also installed a second account, so now I have both an IMAP and a POP3 account configured as required by both Aruba and your support pages.

As eM Client just suddenly stopped working “only for the PEC account” and you hadn’t changed anything, and both your PEC POP and IMAP accounts don’t work, and disabling your firewall made no difference, then sounds more like the problem lies with your PEC mailbox provider. I would contact them and advise. Eg: They might have a current mailbox outage or made some changes their end thats affected it.

Now if PEC technical support say their end is ok, update in this thread what your POP and IMAP Server address, Port and Security policy are.

Also what version of eM Client are you running and do you have Windows or Mac OS & what version.

Note: Other things too that can sometimes cause connection issues are eg: Optional Antivirus programs or VPNs. So if you have any of those try completely disabling those to test.