PDF Files get corrupt in em Client 8 Beta

Hi, are there any news?

Maybe today there are some news.

1 Like

Any news? @Vladimir_Losinsky? @Gary? v8 is out of beta, but this issue persists and is seriously dangerous if emClient is used by a corporate user.

1 Like

Maybe the issue is too hard to fix ?

I’ve just been in contact with my internet provider. I gave him a hard time about his PDFs being corrupt. Finally did an MD5 comparison and it turns out it’s emClient that actually damages the PDFs. I came here to report this and see that it’s already been in the Beta? What’s a Beta good for if you release your software with such a major bug. I mean, sending PDFs via Mail ist not exactly an edge case. Could this please be fixed?

I try to solve this issue since June 4th 2020.
I think it would not be so hard to fix this issue. The only trouble is support doesn’t believe it is eM Client’s bug. Too few users reported this issue.
I can imagine affected users claims corrupted attachment primarily on sender.
I prepared test mail account on mail server filled with a lot of signed e-mails for them.
I sent them original EML files from mail server for test purpose. I am waiting for response…

Hi everyone,
we apologize for the inconvenience with the issue where some attached files cannot be opened when the message is signed with an SMIME certificate.
We are aware of it and are trying to find a solution, but it is not trivial issue to reproduce, unfortunately.
Any details on mail servers and your account setup from those who experience this would be helpful, please send those to [email protected] and I will get these to our devs.

In the meantime, please install this latest version of eM Client 8 and if your account is set up as IMAP, try resynchronizing your account (right-click>Properties>Repair) as in some cases this seemed to have helped.
https://www.emclient.com/dist/v8.0.3283/setup.msi

Any news? What information would you like to receive? The problem still persists.

Hi Lilim,
the problem should be fixed in the next official update.

We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Hi

Is there an ETA for the next update?

Is there an ETA for the next update?

+1 to that

Dear Olivia, can you provide any information when can we expect this to be fixed? It’s been months since it was reported in beta and also months since you’ve asked to send you more info. It’s nearly 3 weeks since you’ve posted that it should be fixed in the next update - so now we don’t know if it will be fixed or when this next update might come.

There’re companies that use your mail client and s/mime certificates are a common factor in this environment. Do you expect those clients to switch to other programs for an undefined period of time? Really?

Hi Lilim,
we did not expect the update to be delayed this much, we apologize for the inconvenience.

If you experience this problem, please reach out to me directly at [email protected] and I will send you a link for an internal update which can help until the official update is pushed out.