PDF corrupt in eMclient but not in webmail or ipad

I

I tried to open a small PDF attachment in emClient and got the following message from Adobe reader.  I tried saving to the hard drive and opening it there, same error message. I had the sender send it again.  Same error  I have latest update of Adobe Reader.  however when I open the same attachment via webmail (ATT Uverse-Yahoo) or on my ipad, it opens just fine. 

I thought maybe emClient didn’t have enough time to sync all the emails, I waited until the lower right hand bar stopped moving, then tried opening attachment again.  Same error message.

Hi, what version of eM client are you currently using?
Can you maybe send me the exported message containing the attachment to my email ([email protected])?

Also does this occur with this particular email only or did you come across this issue with other emails as well?

Thank you,
Paul.

I am having the same problem - it happens only with PDF and on all eMails with PDF attachments - cannot open after saving or direct from eMail. I am using version 6.0,20617.0 and have Adobe XI version 11.0.07.79

George,
My problem may have been different, but here is what happened for whatever it is worth. I only had the problem with the one PDF—other PDF attachments worked fine. I did send the info to Paul above, and in the meantime moved the problem email with its PDF attachment to a folder to store it for later. A few days later when Paul asked me to send it to him again for another analysis, I found the PDF attachment now opened and downloaded just fine with no errors. So it fixed itself, whatever the problem. I suspect it was a communication problem with my ISP (ATT Uverse-Yahoo) which I have other ongoing problems with, and either the few days time OR moving it to the folder fixed it. Try moving one of the emails with PDF to a folder then try opening it. If that fixes it, I don’t know what that means, but perhaps you can work that out the eM Client support. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and info. I moved them to a folder and they wouldn’t open from there, but I did that initially before I got your reply. I moved the msgs back to the inbox, thinking that may restore something, but they still don’t open (the PDF attachments that is). That said, I got 2 emails this morning that the PDF attachments open in and save and can be opened from the filed location too… I’ll be interested to see if all PDF attachments open going forward. Odd, but if they keep opening, I am happy. Thanks for your time and help !

Hi George, what version of eM Client are you currently using? Can you please download the latest release, the issue should be fixed http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20648/setup.msi
The problem was when an email containing an attachment was moved from the inbox without opening/downloading the attachment first it got corrupt and it wasn’t possible to open thi file unless you’ve used the repair feature first.

So my suggestion here would be try to repair the folder where the email is located now (right click the folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button).
If the PDF opens after you do this, install the update, and hopefully the issue should not occur again.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Thank you. The repair tool seems to have worked. I also installed the version you sent. So far, so good. Thus far, several weeks in, I very much like eMclient. It is by far the best solution I have found. Thank you for your prompt assistance!

No problem, glad I could help.
Let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.