Password Required pops up every 10 seconds

Hi, I just recently downloaded this app and can’t seem to use it due to the fact that I keep receiving a pop up requiring my password. I know the password is correct. How do I get around this issue.

Please advise,
Nate

Is this for a GMAIL account? If so, you have to go onto Gmail and lower the security. Don’t ask me how - it’s somewhere embeeded in your user account settings (I think).

Alan

Hi Nate, what mail service are you using with eM client, as Alan suggested, is this a Gmail account?

If so, are you using the two step verification option on your Gmail account? If you are please make sure to generate an app specific password for use with eM Client and setup the application using the generated password.

If you’re not using the two step verification, please make sure you have this option set to enable on your Google account, https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps, to enable access while using your regular web access password.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi all,

I have the same issue. I configured 2 Exchange accounts and it works well. But every couple of minutes a pop-up message askes for username and password. It won’t accept my credentials but if I click the message away the program runs fine. How to get rid of this annoying message box? Best regards, Rob

Got to say - I have the same problem with an exchange box too! Any resolution at all?

If you’re being prompted by the password required box while using an Exchange account, please try to navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your Exchange account > Offline Address Book, and try to disable the address book synchronization.

Save the settings and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, I can’t disable that service, it is requested by the standard mail account.

Hi Paul and Craigharris16. I removed the serveraddres for the Offline Address Book and disabled the service. Now the problem is solved! Thank you! It is a great email client.

Using the latest release, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21527/setup.msi you should be able to disable the OAB service even if the Exchange account is set as default, the issue has been addressed in this release.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

em Client requires a startup password. I don’t know what it is. How can I get one?

Hi Stephen, if eM Client requires a startup/master password, you won’t be able to access the database unless you enter it.
This password can be setup in the application settings under Tools > Settings > General > Password protection.

If you don’t know the password, you can setup a new database in eM Client and setup your accounts again.

To do so please navigate to your local folder > App Data > Roaming, and rename or remove the eM Client database folder. Open the application and a new database should be automatically created.

Hope this helps,
Paul