Password rejected!

I am trying to get EM Client to work for a client, but EM Client rejects her password. I have done all of the things suggested to overcome this problem, but to no avail. Her password is good: it works on iPad, iPhone and Outlook. Just not on EM Client. Email is provided by GoDaddy. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi,
I am sorry for the delayed reply. If the problem is still actual, post here a screenshot of the error message along with the Logs from the Operations window.

Hint: eM Client detects CalDAV accounts on GoDaddy even if the CalDAV service is not activated yet so it usually results into the Password required{Authentication failed errors.

I am facing the same problem. Please let me know as soon as possible how to solve this issue.

Please help us answer this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Hi, were you able to use eM Client before or you do have this issue since you have added your account into eM Client?

Jan

We were new users of eM Client, and it did not work from the very beginning. We did import Outlook, but it simply never would accept our password.

eM Client worked yesterday and not today won’t accept my password

Hi, can you tell me your email account provider?

Jan

Provider is At&t…address is sbc.global.net

Hi David, please note this topic is several months old, can you please comment on what version of eM client are you currently using? Are you seeing any errors from the application? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error?

Are you using a POP or an IMAP account in eM client?

Thank you,
Paul.

SAME PROBLEM! I’m connecting to an Exchange account… I can intermittently send and receive mail, but am REPEATEDLY besieged with the little pop-up window (just like in the screen shot above) saying “please enter password.” This is a SEVERE usability problem.

Hi I have been using emclient for a year now and my password is being rejected constantly. I am using emclient version 6.0.21372.0. I am using gmail where I have now changed the password and am trying to use the new password but still getting the same problem as with the previous password: password rejected.

Thanks

Hi Dan, if you’re having issues while authenticating over Gmail, can you please try to access this setting and check if the option is set to enable? https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

If not, please make sure to enable the option to enable access over your regular web access password or enable two step verification option as the more secure way to authenticate with eM client.

Hope this helps,
Paul

And for Exchange?

If you’re using Exchange try to update your eM Client to this release, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21899/setup.msi and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps,
Paul

So far so good! Thank you!!!

Hi again, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul

It works thanks Paul

PLEASE stop the emails…I have gotten so many of them and I am not using the software now.  Thanks.

Hi David, you can unfollow the topic to stop receiving email updates in the upper part of the forum, or adjust your emailing preferences of your account here on the forum.

You can also navigate to the email preferences from the received update message.

Regards,
Paul