Outlook Not Syncing Properly

I use my Outlook account for everything, thus I made all my other emails forward their mail to Outlook. Therefore I use Outlook on eM Client with a free licence, and it works correctly almost all the time, but sometimes it desyncs out of nowhere, and a red triangle appears. Sometimes I have to click on the red triangle and the problem is solved, but some other times the red triangle disappears and the syncing starts again. What’s wrong with it? I paste in here the log, if anyone has any clue about the problem.

21:33:14 Outlook [IMAP] MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: A conexão foi encerrada
—> MailClient.Imap.Base.ByeException: A conexão foi encerrada
—> System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.RunCommandAsync(Command command, Func3 notificationCallback) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.RunCommandAsync(Command command, Func3 notificationCallback)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.ListFoldersAsync(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(IListFoldersProgress progress, Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<.ctor>b__0(WorkerStatus ws, CancellationToken ct)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.ExecuteInternalSync(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapActionCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.SynchronizeSubfoldersAsync(IFolderSynchronizer synchronizer, Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Protocols.Imap.ImapAccount.SynchronizeIntAsync(Boolean forced)
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.SynchronizableMailAccount.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.EnqueueGetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, Action1 completed) at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.IFolderSynchronizer.SynchronizeSubfolders(Folder folder, SynchronizationPriority priority, Action1 completed)
at MailClient.Storage.Synchronization.FolderSynchronizerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.b__1()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntryUnsafe(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

Could be some optional program possibly interfering with eM Client randomly.

Do you use an optional eg Antivirus scanning, firewalls / security programs or vpns ? If you do, try disabling those temporarily to test.

Hello there.

My only antivirus is Windows Defender, and I’m pretty sure no other software is interfering. I don’t use VPN.

Ok could be then an older version of eM Client and could be a quirky bug that has been fixed.

Check if there is a later version of eM Client on the version history in page. Latest versions for PC and Mac at https://www.emclient.com/release-history

If you do update to a later version, backup first via “Menu / Backup” incase of any upgrade issues.

Failing that if you already have the latest version of eM Client and or updating didn’t help, I would suggest if you have an Outlook eg IMAP / Exchange type account to try removing it and re-adding again. Could be a glitch in the acct within eM Client when it was setup initially.

I’m using an ordinary Outlook IMAP account (imap-mail.outlook.com. My eM Client version is the latest (8.2.1509.0). The message " MailClient .Imap .Base .ByeException : Connection was closed" keeps showing, even after removing and re-adding the account.

Could be then possibly something with your Outlook Mailbox end thats not alowing the connection and giving you that error Imap* .Base .ByeException : Connection was closed. Very strange error. Suggest to also put that error on the “Microsoft Outlook forum”.

These are my own personal Outlook Acct Imap settings below in eM Client that work for me. If you already have the same, them hopefully someone on this forum might know what else could be causing this.

The only other things i can think of is to try “Resetting your built-in os firewall to default settings” and also maybe check your “Router Hardware Settings” to make sure there is no blocking of any default ports etc in there. Sometimes Routers have custom settings applied which can then affect mailers and/or browsers working correctly. So check that is also default settings.

(eM Client Personal Acct Outlook Settings)

Yes, that’s my settings as well. Thanks anyway.