outlook connecting failed

When I try to add my outlook account, it gives a error like " [AirSync] An attemp to connect to ‘mymailadress’ failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings." I added my gmail. It works good but outlook …

Hi,

Unfortunately Microsoft is phasing out the support of AirSync, the only way to set up your Hotmail or Outlook account now is via IMAP until Microsoft transitions to Exchange.

Go to Accounts, create a new account. Instead of using the automatic setup, click on Mail and select Other. You’ll then be prompted to enter your credentials and incoming and outgoing mail servers.
Enter “imap-mail.outlook.com” and port 993 in the incoming mail server settings and “smtp-mail.outlook.com” and port 587 in the outgoing server settings.

After you’ve done that, go to IMAP tab in your account page and set your security policy to “Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)”, then navigate to the SMTP tab and set your security policy to “Force usage of SSL/TLS”.

-Dave

thank you so much, it helped me … (:

Were do you put the port ?? 

I can get the SMTP to say ok with a tick but not the POP3 on the test configuration tab help :( 

had the same problem - fixed mine :slight_smile: thanks

I do not have the options to change the ports.??

You dont enter the port while you’re setting up your mail. After you set your mail, go to "Tools - accounts- select the mail that you add - go to imap and smtp section. You should enter 993 for imap , 587 for smtp .

Ben , just skip that section. Set up your mail and go to "Tools - accounts- select the mail that you add - go to imap and smtp section. You should enter 993 for imap , 587 for smtp .

Hi I have tried that still no luck :frowning: I can get screen shots if that helps anyone find out the problem cheers for your help though man 

its sends emails fine just doesn’t get any emails in 

I’m going to take a video about that. I post the link of it when i’m finished it

https://youtu.be/tBn80d9_L-8

I’ve done it. You can watch it.

What Furkan posted is pretty much spot on. Thank you for that.

Ben, you will have to setup Hotmail via IMAP, not POP3 unfortunately.

-Dave

Ohh great man It working thanks a bunch