Outlook.com (msn.com, hotmail.com, live.com) emails stuck in Outbox

This is a persistent problem I have with eM Client. I’ve tried many different smtp settings and removing/re-adding accounts. Sometimes the problem goes away briefly (a few days) but it always returns. This has been going on for the past 18 months. Any new ideas???

The big frustration is this only happens with eM Client. I use Mailbird on another Windows 10 computer and Thunderbird as a back up. Never experienced this problem. I use Bluemail on my Samsung Galaxy Phone and Tablet and again I have never have problems sending outlook.com emails…ever. I have contacted eM Client supports and they tell me it’s Outlook or Microsoft’s problem. If so, then why don’t I have this issue on any other platform?

1 Like

I have a very similar problem. I have used eN Client for about two years without problems. Starting one day during February, eM Client and Outlook can sometimes receive some messages after resetting the ports for IMAP and , but can never send a message. eM Client generates an error message about being unable to contact the server. The problem is NOT my anti-virus, because the problem persists with the protective software shut off. I would be happy to buy eM Client because it has the on-screen layout I want, but why buy a thing that doesn’t work?

First thing to check is you have the correct settings. So:

If you have those settings, and it still doesn’t work, as a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try again. Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

If that still doesn’t resolve it, go to Menu > Operations > Log tab and look for any SMTP errors.