Outlook.com issue this morning

For what it’s worth… My Outlook account started working within the last hour so it’s worth checking yours. I did not contact Microsoft so presumably it’s a fix they have made.

Thanks for letting us know. I just checked Thunderbird (I don’t have eM Client on this machine) and it works as well. It would seem they have fixed the issue w/o the need of turning off IPV6

I tried turning off IPV6 and it had no effect.

Hi @LL7977, I simply posted what MS shows. I can’t judge if the stated issue, which is in essence a sync problem, may also be causing EM Client to fail to properly connect. Who knows what the inner workings of EM Client needs in order to connect? Maybe when it detects this contact list issue EM Client’s protocol is to abort the connection? So we can’t say for certain it’s unrelated.

That said, I also asked Gary why EM Client fails while iOS on my iPhone works in my very next post. So I’m in no way letting EM Client off the hook as it is clear to me that something unique within EM Client is what is at fault. The MS servers’ state may not be 100% what EM Client wants, but since other email apps can handle it, this means EM Client is not up to par.

A customer oriented business would be open about such things and communicate what is happening instead of saying “not my problem”. I worked over 30 years in high tech interfacing with many industry leading companies. The expectation was always the same; what is written in the contract is the bare minimum and they expected us to help solve problems we had no part in creating. It’s called customer service. If any of our customer quality engineers responded as Gary has, they’d be out of a job.

In this case, the error being discussed in this thread is a server error. It can’t be fixed in eM Client, nor in any of the other applications that have experienced the same issue. It is a know issue with your provider’s server and needs to be fixed on their server.

Unfortunately eM Client Inc. do not have access to Microsoft’s servers to fix their problems. So apologies if you were expecting us to be able to do that. It is just not possible though. If your email provider do not resolve the issue, please contact them for assistance.

3 Likes

viernes 05 mayo 2023 :: 1208hrs (UTC -0500)

I do NOT know if you use a Free or Pro version of eMC, however, what I do know is that in the main, is that the vast majority of contributors and individuals on this Forum do so by giving their time and assistance freely.
To expect that @Gary could or would comment on the workings of your iPhone connectivity is unreasonable, this is a Forum for eMC not iOS, not least that he had posted, confirmed by yourself that the issue was Microsoft server related.

Further your query, “why would this just impact EM Client?” is fundamentality incorrect - stated elsewhere ALL email clients were affected.

Continuing I have the impression that there is an undercurrent on this Forum, not simply this thread, of a number of individuals “looking for and taking any opportunity to belittle eMC”.

I have said it before and will continue to do so - “if anyone is not happy with the help, advice and assistance given” on this Forum - open a ticket with support!

Finally to go back to the noted comment; I used to own and run a multi-million turnover IT Support Company, @Gary would have been commended for the straight-forward and courteous support given, he would not have been as you suggest, out of a job. In similar circumstances we terminated support contracts where unfounded complaints were made.

It is worth remembering that the greatest asset of any organisation is its colleagues.

skybat

¡Los mejores deseos desde Miami y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

3 Likes

@skybat , My question was never about the workings of iPhone connectivity, it was why EM Client isn’t working while other apps do. I have not seen it stated that ALL email clients were effected. In fact, I see the opposite where it was stated that Thunderbird and Outlook work. Add to this list, iOS mail.

So the core question is what does EM Client need to connect that the others don’t? I pointed out a documented server issue, that based on the MS’s notes, doesn’t seem related. But maybe for EM Client this issue matters while for other apps it doesn’t.

I agree Gary’s communication has been very courteous, and perhaps he’s just caught in the middle. It could be he’s been pushing on the developers behind closed doors. That is what our customer quality engineers did, all the while telling the customer as much as feasible. Even if that meant explaining a deficiency in our product vs the competition.

So EM Client is now working again. And the Service Status page is still showing “Outlook.com” and “Teams” to have a problem. It would seem the MS’s reported issues are unrelated to whatever plagues EM Client from time to time.

If you understood my post to you and the nature of the outage information to you above, you’d realize this was the case.

For [now] eM Client is playing nice with Outlook (Hotmail). We have no idea who resolved the issue: eM Client developers or Microsoft. Without facts/evidence we can’t speculate (nor point fingers). Capice?

I understood perfectly. I said at the time “I can’t judge if the stated issue, which is in essence a sync problem, may also be causing EM Client to fail to properly connect” and “So we can’t say for certain it’s unrelated.” So you and I have agreed that we have no idea what caused it or how this was resolved.

@Buraman

So EM Client is now working again.

Great that your mail is working now. As it just started working again and you changed nothing, this proves that it was a Microsoft server problem and not an eM Client problem.

Note: “Status pages” even when showing ok doesnt allways mean there is not a problem in every part of the world or within a particular mirror server. They just show that the servers are up but not any smaller issues that might be happening like in this thread. Status pages are not allways 100% accurate.and are just a general overview.

2 Likes

Because eMC has not changed in the past days (i don’t receive any updates) was fixed by Microsoft on the server. All working now, thanks MS.

2 Likes

I had the same problem after using the Windows Mail (Outlook) app. It also occurred on my iPhone after using Microsoft’s Outlook app. Uninstalling both Outlook apps on my Windows laptop and iPhone resolved the problem. Hope this helps.