Outlook Account Syncing Issue

When using the automatic setup for my Outlook.com account, I am given the following error message: [insertaddresshere]@outlook.com: Connecting to [insertaddresshere]@outlook.com failed
                [AirSync] An attempt to connect to [insertaddresshere]@outlook.com failed. This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings. Do you want to check the settings?

I appreciate any help

You need to set it up as either Exchange or iMAP account, depending on whether Microsoft has migrated your account to the new system yet. 

In a Browser, login to your account at outlook.com. When your mailbox has been moved to the new Exchange format, the top left corner will show Outlook Mail. When your account hasn’t been migrated yet, it will show Outlook.com

If it shows Outlook Mail , you need to set up your account in eM client as an Exchange account. iMAP will still work, but not as well as Exchange.  But an eM Client  Outlook account (ie using AirSync)will no longer work.  When you set up an Exchange account, eM Client can take quite a few minutes to obtain the server details.

If it shows Outlook.com , you need to set it up as an IMAP account in eM Client, then check your account at outlook.com in a browser every week or so and when you see it is now Outlook Mail , in eM Client delete the account and set it up as an Exchange account.

When you use Exchange protocol, eM Client will also sync your Calendar and Contacts.

Thanks for your help so far John. I logged on to my outlook.com account and confirmed that it reads Outlook Mail in the top left corner. However after filling out the information in the Exchange account setup and waiting for the server configuration details to be found I get this message: The server was found, but authentication failed. Check the email address and password. I have typed in my details multiple times now to ensure that I’m not making a mistake. Could it be the User name field? As I’m not sure what to put in that field

Actually disregard my last post. I have figured it out. The username is the exact same as my email address. Thanks for your help John

Great.  Sorry, I should have mentioned that the User name field should also contain your email address.