Other Fourm Members Problem With This. Please Input if You Have The Same Problem.

Have been trying to get an answer from eMClient on this for a long time. Version 6 was to have the option to have the Trash folder to empty or delete all in it when you X out. Mine does not empty, I have to delete each email in it first. I’m running windows 8.1 Enyone have the same problem. Jan says his works. I have a check mark in empty Trash when X-ing.

Mine works, using Windows Vista and 6.0.19714.

As a work-around, you can also go to the Trash folder, right-click, and Empty Trash. No need to delete each one individually.

Thanks for your input Mike. Yours works for you. I don’t understand why yours would work and mine does not. Same version, check mark by Empty Trash on exit.

Hi, can you tell me if you mean Trash or Junk folder and under what account provider?

Jan

Please read my other input under your name for the answer to this one. I sent it yesterday.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
This is for John.

John, I have been trying to get an answer for deleting the Trash folder from you’ll upon exit, which I said did not work for me but did for everyone else. Know I know what all are saying, empty trash folder upon exiting, which is a different meaning for me. I found out by accident that means when you shut down program and restart it. My meaning is when you are though reading your mail and click on upper right X and close the program, it deletes the Trash folder, not exit (shutdown) program. If you wait till you shutdown computer for day you could have hundreds of mail in Trash. Makes more sense to have it delete Trash folder when you close the program.

Hi, I have merged these topics because they are about same issue plus name of topic “this s for John” does not tell anything about it so it is confusing to other users.

This is post originally from user Hans Nieuwenhuis

"hi camper913,

You want eM Client NOT to close when you press the [x] button in the top right corner of the eM Client window?

Closing programs when pressing the [x] button in the top right corner is the default behavior of Windows programs…

Note there is an ‘empty trash’ menu option under the ‘actions’ menu. Maybe that can help you?

Maybe eM Client can make a button on the toolbar to empty all ‘trash’ folders?"

Could you answer these question please it is same what I would ask you. Also I will need answer to my previous post. You have not answered it in this or previous topic.

Jan

I guess I will give up on this subject. We can’t get Exit or Close meaning. Mabey someone else will try one of these days.

Hi, from all information you have wrote I understand that you want eM client empty trash on close too, but it will work only on exit. Please note that exit does not mean “shut down to systray”.

Jan