Optimize Database?

I recently deleted a few thousand emails to speed things up in Emclient (POP3). But I believe my backup directory has not changed in size, and it still takes several minutes to refresh and for new messages to download. Is there a utility or something I can run to optimize the database to speed things up?

See this thread below.

Note: - Before running the database utility in the link above, backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” incase you need to restore for any reason. You can see when the backup is complete via show operations in the dropdown next to refresh.

Also close eM Client before running the utility.

I have tried clicking on the link in the thread that you mentioned, to download the executable repair utility. Nothing is happening, and I get a small 7K file downloaded which does nothing. Is there a better link to download this utility?

The utility is meant for older versions of eM Client.

In more recent versions, do the following:

Close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command including the leading "

"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair /rebuildall

When that is done, restart eM Client.

This doesn’t work for me. When I enter the command and press return, emclient starts up, saying it didn’t shut down properly, checking for corrupted database, etc. When the checks are finished and emclient opens, I do another backup but the backup is the same size as before.

I’ve repeated the process twice, with the same result.

I realise this thread is fairly old, so maybe there’s a different way now? Thanks.