Operations error message

Hi I have had an error message come up every time I open Em Client since I have had it. It does not have an error number but appears in the Operations window under error. Please see attached screenshot and let me know if this can be rectified. Em client still appears to send/receive emails correctly but its just a bit annoying! It is Em Client 6.0.22344.0
Any help would be appreciated, Mark

Hello Mark, can you please switch to the log tab, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum for more information about this error?

Thank you,

Hi Paul, please see attached screenshot. let me know if there is any other info is required

Hello Mark, are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to your mail server? It seems like the connection is being forcibly closed by your server or a security element or your computer or in your network.

If you’re using any security software, please try to temporarily disable and check if the issue persists.

Also please try to update your eM Client to this release before you try to replicate the issue, 6.0.22625.0.

Hope this helps,

Hi Peter, yes I have Avast Free Antivirus 2015 installed. Also installed is Spybot Search and Destroy (which I think doesnt run all the time), and CCleaner.

I disabled Avast but the error still come up, then I updated to 6.0.22625.0 but the same message/error still occurs.Then I uninstalled Avast and restarted and the same thing happened.

Any other ideas would be appreciated
Mark

Hello Mark, I believe that all the other application’s you’ve mentioned are more likely to cause this issue than avast. But if you’re still experiencing issues with this, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account?

Save the settings and replicate the issue, once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to us for more information using the “send logs” button, send the logs to my work mail [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,

Hi Paul, I sent you the logs and have now simply disabled showing the error message. I had already disabled one thing but needed to disable the error messages too.

Just repying to close up this discussion if anyone else if trying to resolve the same issue. 

Thanks for your help