Office 365 sync not working anymore

Office 365 sync not working anymore… any clue?

Complete failure of Office 365 on all my clients (iPhone, MAC, Windows) on different computers, reinstalled on PC, then account logged in, but process got stuck in the Microsoft login process… this can’t just be me… can’t work anymore… Does nobody have a clue? EM Client team what’s going on?

Is this relevant to your issue?

Complete failure of Office 365 on all my clients (iPhone, MAC, Windows) on different computers

What version of eM Client are you running on your Mac and Windows ?

Also when you add the account via the automatic setup wizard on your Mac and Windows, “do you get the browser popup at the end” where you “click Allow” to give eM Client access to your Office 365 account ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, it came up and clicked allow and then all got frozen… However, last night it started again to work… I guess that it was rather a O365 issue than a em client issue. I just wonder why this did not happen to everyone then…

thanks… but it worked fine until yesterday and yes I autneticated by OAuth2

Hi, now the same happens as yesterday… no connection to O365 I am desperate, so far I have really appreciated em client, I can’t work like this

To freeze when you click allow in the browser could be some browser cache issue or something else running on the computer in resident memory causing it to freeze.

Try “clearing the browser cache completely” and also try as well “setting another browser as the default”. Then go back through the automatic wizard setup and see if it still freezes.

Apart from that if you are running any eg: Optional Firewall / Security program or Optional Antivirus program or VPN try completely disabling those to test in case of interference.

Also try going online and remove any existing eM Client OAuth token from your online Office 365 account and then close and reopen eM Client and then it should ask to reallow access to your account via the browser.

Hi, it’s really a disaster, I can no longer bid with EM client… it only works by the hour, mostly after, otherwise there is no sync anymore… on different computers and platforms (MAC/PC/iPhone)

1 Like

it only works by the hour, mostly after, otherwise there is no sync anymore… on different computers and platforms (MAC/PC/iPhone)

If this is happening on multiple computers and you have tried the latest versions of eM CIient via the release history page, then either there is sone physical intermittant connection problem to your mail server, or your mail server may have current problems, or you may possibly have inncorrect mail server settings.

So try powering off and on your modem / router and also any internal switches if you use those as well for at least a minute incase its an ip / dns problem with your isp internet connection and then power everything back on and see if that makes a difference.

If that makes no difference, next “contact your mail server technical support” via phone or website to check if there is any current mail server problems or outages. Even major global mail servers can sometimes have outages or intermittant problems.

Now if there is no outages or issues wirh your mail server, then let us know “what your incoming mail server settings are”, and also “who your mail server is”. Blank out any username or password. We can then check if you have any inncorect settings etc.