Office 365 not connecting

Seem like Office 365 through go daddy will no longer allow the use of IMAP, i have tried to set up my accounts again using exchange, but it keeps sending an error message that it won’t authenticate. Is there a patch issue. I’ve tried every setting and won’t work.

This is because they no longer accept username/password logins. They should have warned you that they were no longer supporting basic authentication, but maybe they didn’t.

Please go to Menu > Accounts and remove the account.

Then click on Add Account and enter the email address in the Automatic Setup. You will be passed to your web browser to authenticate the account, then back to eM Client where the account will have been setup with Modern Authentication.

that is the problem, it nevers go to the point where it pops ups the screen it keep saying can’t authenticate.

I temporary added the accounts on my Mailbird app and it worked fine. something is off on EM client it won’t add the account.

You can see the step by step here.

If it fails at one of those steps, which one?

You shouldn’t be asked for a password at that step. If you are, the Modern Authentication setup won’t work.

It could be that you previously added a registry entry to disable oAuth for Exchange, or your computer is part of a domain.

Run Regedit, then go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eM Client. If there is a DWORD item AllowExchangeOnlineOAuth, delete it then try the setup again.

If your device is logged onto a domain, remove it from the domain and try the setup again.

1 Like

that fixed it. Thank you

1 Like