I was able to get my Office 365 from GoDaddy account to sync with these steps.
- Create a new account under the Exchange option under Mail during “Set up an account”
- For “Email address:” I entered “email@example.com” despite my actual Office 365 email being “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- “User name:” should be your actual Office 365 email (mine is email@example.com)
- Enter your Office 365 password
- When you press next it will give you an error about finding the Exchange server. Set the server in the new text box to outlook.office365.com
- In “Account Details” correct the Name and Email fields.
- After you press “Finish” it will correctly sign you into your account.
- Before leaving the Accounts Settings, update your Email under User Information.
- Press OK to close Account Settings.
That is the workaround to getting eM Client to sign in using a Office 365 from GoDaddy email.
I suspect the issue to be because eM doesn’t recognize the Exchange server from GoDaddy. If you do it normally you’ll get a failed authentication. Setting the domain (and thus the server address) to outlook.office365.com probably gets around GoDaddy’s SSO you’d normally have to do in Outlook.
I’m glad I figured this out. Developers please take note of this and maybe gift me a Pro License? (: