Notifications for received emails

I used to receive little notifications in the lower corner of my PC window that I had received an email. It has disappeared. I think I did something in the options that caused it to disappear but for the life of me I can’t figure out what. HELP, PLEASE. Thank you.

See @Gary thread post below to show new mail notifications in the Windows tray for Windows 10. Windows 11 is pretty much the same except slight different enabling the tray icon.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/new-mail-icon-in-tray/62373

@Gary post from the above thread.

There are two ways to show new mail notification; Windows Action Center and eM Client’s own notifications.

You can change the settings in eM Client via “Menu > Settings > General > Notifications”.

If you tick Use system notifications , they will be passed on to the Windows Action Center, and you can configure that in your Windows 10 / 11 settings.

If you untick that, you will get the traditional new mail icon. You may also have to change your Windows Taskbar settings to show the eM Client mail notification.

Note: To show icons in the tray for Windows 10, right click on the empty area in the Taskbar and select “Taskbar settings” and then scroll down to Notification area, and click “Select which icons appear on the taskbar”. Then enable eM Client.

Note: To show icons in the tray for Windows 11,
Right-click on the empty area in Taskbar and select “Taskbar Settings” option. Then click on “Taskbar corner overflow” and enable eM Client on the list.

2 Likes

THANK YOU, it worked and I am EXTREMELY happy! I can’t believe it was so easy. I must’ve ticked at sometime. I’m always doing things I’m not suppose to. Thanks again!

1 Like

It is very easy to set, but doesn’t seem to be easy to keep set. emClient keeps disabling the notification settings of all accounts other than the first one, and the default setting. Those two stay set, but after some number of days, the other accounts stop showing the little envelope and I have to go back and reset the notifications settings back to the way I want them set instead of the way emClient wants them set.