Notifications about past events

Hi Gary, just wanted to stop by as I have been having the same issues and have been following the threads that closely resemble what I am experiencing.

I’m glad this has now been recognised, and recently. I look forward to an update as I had previously disabled all notifcations in emclient to stop the pop ups, and on release of 9 reinstated them.

I also set all past events to “notifications: off” as per one of your other posts on the subject, but today (monday) I can see that all my events from the weekend are popping up when I launch the client.

Fingers crossed for a resolution soon.

Gary,

It is not just how old notifications are handled.

There is an issue that Em Client tells the email server to send an update to everyone on the invitee list. Even if you do a minor change to a meeting event like update the reminder time, Em Client tells the email server to send an update to every invitee.

I have replicated this issue and have shown where this is occurring in the messages to the email server. That was like a couple of years or so ago.

It sounds like this issue is still occurring and has not been fixed in Em Client 9.

I can confirm that I’m also having the same issues from version 8 with old calendar items popping up reminders, whether I disable their alerts or not, in version 9 as well.

We have a new option for this in the upcoming version 9.1

1 Like

Hi there,

I am also experiencing this as well. Every time I open em client, I get about 10 past reminders that I need to dismiss and that number keeps growing as more items become past events. Looking forward to the new update to resolve this.

I am using Windows 10.