notification on taskbar

I have just downloaded your software and so far it seems great. The only drawback I can find at the moment is that when a new email comes in and I am not looking at the em window, then I do not always know there is an email. The last client I was using had a little star/number appear on the icon down in the taskbar (windows 8). Do you have this functionality? What would you suggest?

Hi James, if a new mail comes in and your application is not active (you’re using a different application), there should be an icon shown in the taskbar as well as in the notification are.
Is this not working for you? A notification should be also shown on your display…

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul, thanks for your quick reply.

If an email comes in while I am, for example, browsing the internet and EM is running in a window behind (not minimised) then I get a notification in the bottom right and that is it. See attached image.

You should be seeing a notification window like the below screenshot, (I don’t see any attached images, can you make sure you’ve posted it)…
Also check your settings in Tools > Settings > Notifications, if the notification popup/sound/icon are enabled for the specific type of notification…

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

Sorry, I didn’t click ok on the attachment, see below.

I get the ‘pop-up’ notification (as per your email). What I would like is for there to be some kind of notification on the EM client logo along the taskbar. The previous client I was trying (Mailbird - which had a number of faults) displayed a little number with the number of unread emails in the bottom corner of their logo/icon. This allowed me to come glance at my computer screen at any time and know if there is an unread email.

Hi, as I mentioned check the setting in Tools > Settings > General > Notifications if you have all notifications enabled, there’s also a possibility that should show the message icon in the task bar and in the notification area.

Unfortunately it’s not possible to display the number of unread emails but a notification that unread messages are present should be shown if the settings are correct.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

The images you showed are all that I am after, the number of messages is not important. See attached, I think I have all the settings as they should be?

Hi again James,
this setting appears to be correct, can you please check if the eM Client’s notification icon in the notification area isn’t hidden under the hidden icons? Just click on the little arrow in the notification area, when a new email arrives into your mailbox.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul, thanks for this, I will see if it works. I am actually having a problem accessing my emails this morning. I did send an email first thing this morning which I know has been delivered, but now I am not picking anything up. Next to my account name in the lefthand bar there is a little red exclamation mark, but I cannot seem to work out what is wrong.

If you click on the red exclamation mark, does the application receive emails again? If you’re having trouble receiving emails, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP logging for the account, save the settings and restart the application, if you’re still having issues with receiving emails, go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs”,

please send the logs to [email protected] and include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, since my last email I have found the source of the problem. I downloaded a new email client app for my android phone yesterday (mail.com) which seems to have used 625MB in under 24 hours and Google have consequently suspended my account due to excessive IMAP data usage! Not good and I am trying to get it sorted, but clearly not an issue from your end.

Cheers

Ok, let me know if you need any further assistance, if you come across any other questions or issues… Hope you’ll be able to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, i have almost the same problem. When i receive a new message the icon in the taskbar become black