Notes do not sync? Correct?

Outlook.com IS an Exchange server.

Go to your account settings and add a new account. DON’T use Automatic Setup. Choose Mail > Exchange. (See screenshots above)

On the following window, enter your Outlook.com details.

BTW Email address and Username are both your Outlook.com address.

I appreciate your help Gary. But maybe EM Client should have some sort of support avenue. Maybe they can tell me whether this should work or not and perhaps stay with me until it does work.

I can’t go the exchange route it does not work

I can go either the automatic route or the Manuel route, they both do the and sync the same things. But neither syncs the notes.

John

They do. VIP Support is available to Pro License users. They offer support by email, and also remote connection to your computer to assist with configuring the application where there are problems.

Yes, it does. I gave two screenshots above of a Note called John C: A note about John C. This is a Note created in eM Client and viewed on the Outlook.com web interface. The Notes absolutely sync in both directions as editable, between eM Client and an Exchange server like Outlook.com.

Yes I can also verify as @Gary advised above that the recent late versions of eM Client V8 and V9 for Windows & V8 official releases & V9 Betas for Mac do allow you to add Outlook.com personal ( non business) Exchange accounts manually to then (show notes) under your personal Outlook com account in eM Client / Notes section. The Outlook.com notes are then synced both ways.

It also allows Outlook.com personal Tasks to sync both ways in eM Client and you can then also use One Note which shows then eM Client Outlook.com personal notes in the “Sticky notes section” on your mob iOS app, and also MS Todo app on your mob app in iOS to sync Outlook.com personal tasks both ways as well in eM Client tasks. As Gary advised eM Client personal Notes will also show synced in Outlook.com via the browser as mine and some other exchange personal acct users also do on this forum.

If your Outlook.com personal acct won’t add for you @johncesta via that manual “Add Exchange” on your Mac , then screen shot where you get up to in the manual eM Client wizard and what errors you encounter along the way.

eM Client version history pages for Win & Mac.

(Microsoft “One Note” app personal Notes on mobile app syncing both ways with eM Client)

(Microsoft “To Do” app personal Tasks on mobile app syncing both ways with eM Client).

Do not at all however match my notes in emclient with images attachments etc.

Yes testing eM Client V9.1.x for Windows it appears (only text notes) sync to Outlook (Exchange) Notes online. Images added (whether attached or inline) to Notes in eM Client do not sync with your online account as you said. I never tested synching images or attachments to notes online before.

I see however if you add images inline or attached to Outlook (Exchange) Notes online, they “do then appear as attachments” in eM Client Outlook (Exchange) Notes.

So appears the problem is eM Client synching images and attachments in notes to Outlook (Exchange) online notes. No images sync.

Yea I’ve tried all various ways of getting notes synced to another device.
I guess it’s a moot point now.

I ran out of time and effort.

I’ll use em for mass emailing. Thanks.

Hopefully eM Client devs can update / fix this in the future.

Well aome stuff in a note syncs. But nothing like they advertise.

They make it look on the site like em syncs everything with a half dozen other apps. But I’ve not been successful at any of it. Perhaps im an idiot. But i dont think i am. Haha

I suspect it’s just a bug as is eM Client states you can add pictures or attachments to notes using either "Exchange, Office365 or Icewarp.

Quote -

https://www.emclient.com/features-notes

Advanced notes editor

Add pictures or even attachments to your notes, in a straight-forward and familiar notes editor

I agree the notes are great. But only on the emclient pc.

It would also be nice if the notes could save to rtf.

Would be wonderful if emclient could connect tasks, events and notes to contacts.
The reason I use it is for the mass email function.

Also contacts need to be able to define some custom fields.

John

Notes don’t sync with other apps. They sync between different installations of eM Client across all your devices.

So, if you create a Note on one device, and are using an Exchange, Office365 or IceWarp server, then they will sync to eM Client on any other devices connecting to the same server account.

Man, i wish there was some outlined explanation on how to make this work.

Install eM Client on two devices.

On both of them, setup the same email account hosted on an Exchange, Office365 or IceWarp server.

On one of the devices, create a Note which is saved in that account’s Notes folder.

Go to the other device and you will see that the same Note is there as well.

Thanks ill try that on my mac and windows pc.

I’ll be darned it works with my godaddy exchange accounts.

But not my gmail accounts .

Works good enough.

1 Like

eM Client not working with Gmail notes.

Google Workspace Keep (Notes) is unfortunately not supported in eM Client. I use that app on my Android mobile for now. Hopefully one day.