not working

I have downloaded this software after reading about it in a magzines letterbox.
But hte software has never worked with any accounts. first I tried my e-mail account from one.com. Everytime I start em client it tries to syncronies the imap account but does not succed, no letters are shown in the folder.
Then I tried to add another account thata uses office 365 exchange and there it does not seem to work it finds the old mail adress bur not the new domain. And if I enter the account details manually it also does not work.

I use version 6.0.20899.0

Thanks in advance
Claes

Hi Claes, are you seeing any errors from the application while trying to setup the account or after setting it up? Are you possibly using a firewall or a proxy software on your computer?

If there are any errors displayed, can you make a screenshot of these errors and possibly switch to the Log tab when they occur, copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul.

The computer is not behind a proxy and I have now turned of the Firewall an the following error log comes. I have one account that uses active synx and I try to use it with exchange. The other one is a office 365 exhange account that I now deleted because under the last try em client crashed under every start.

Hi Claes, unfortunately you can not use ActiveSync accounts with the Exchange Web Services protocol. Can you try to setup the account using the automatic setup?

Or if you’re seeing the error after the automatic setup as well, can you please go to Tools > Accounts > Your account, and check what server address you’re using to connect to your server?

Thank you,
Paul.

I tried to set it up auto vice but that did not work. It found the server but could not authanticate. I then tried manually. imap did work but not smtp. I then corrected the ports and the smtp adress but still it does not work.

Hi again, can you please try to download this update and install it on your computer http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21005/setup.msi , try to setup your accounts again.
There are some fixes regarding Exchange/Office 365 accounts included in this update.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

I have downloaded and installed the new version. the exchange address is recognized rather fast, the only problem is that the addressbook has got some problem please see the screenschot.
My other address which I now want to use via imap/smtp is recognized but in the auto modus only the imap, the outgoing smtp is missing?
If I manually add the account then the imap is found in about 2 seconds but the smtp not at all.
One problem for all is that all ports are recognized wrong. Not the SSL /TLS ports 465 and 993.

Hi again Claes, please update your application to this most recent release http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21015/setup.msi , this update contains more bug fixes and you should no longer see the error.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul!

I did install the app again but I do still get the dame two errors.

Hi again, can you please try to go to your local folder > App data > Roaming > eM client and delete all the *.oab files located in this folder, while the application is closed? Reopen the application and check if the issue persists.

Are you still having issues with sending/receiving email?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi!

I stopped the program and then delete all oab files found (where 3 files) and then restarted the program. I do not see any changes I do still get the two errors: the address book from the exchange account and then the imap  and smtp error from the imap account. I tired a 15 min ago to send a mail from the exchange account and it is in the sent folder but it has until now not arrived at my gmail address.

Hi Claes, sorry for the inconvenience, I was notified by one of our developers that a fix for this issue should be included in an upcoming update, once I get more information about the issue or once the update is released, I’ll let you know.

Thank you for your patience,
Paul.

Hi again, if you keep having issues with the current version and offline address book error is displayed, please download and install this update and check if the issue persists, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21032/setup.msi

The update contains more fixes regarding the issue and hopefully should be resolved completely, after you install the update navigate to your local folder > App data > Roaming > eM Client, and delete all the *.oab files from the eM Client roaming folder.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

Since the program now crashes at start the last two oab files have been 0 byte big.

Hi again, sorry for the inconvenience, there’s been a couple changes since I’ve sent you the previous version, can you please update to this version of eM Client http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21042/setup.msi
and check if the issue persists.
If the application continues crashing on start, can you please send me the error from the crash?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi!

After the install of the version above the program does not crash and the exchange account does work without problem.
The other account with imap and smtp does not work it can not sync with the imap and if I try to send an mail that does also not work.

Hi Claes, I’m glad we found a solution for the exchange issue, can you please switch to the “Log” tab once these errors occur, copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum? What mail service are you using with your IMAP account?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi!
Thanks for the fast reply. Here are the error logs for 1. imap and 2. smtp
I have the e-mail at www.one.com

Problems seams to be solved. Two weeks ago when I deactivated the mail antivirus that did not help. Now I did it again and now the eM client works.
Thank you very much for the help and solving the exchange issue.

Hi again, I’m glad you were able to find the issue, please make sure to let us know if you come across this, any other issue or question about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.