not receiving the delivery and read receipts

Hi. I am not receiving the delivery and read receipts despite checking them under the tools menu. is this because I am using the free version of eM ?

Hello Carole, this is not due to the use of Free license, what mail service are you using with eM Client? And what version of eM Client do you currently have installed on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Note that some mail servers do not support delivery receipts e.g. won’t return them back, however major mail services as gmail should notify you about this and notify you at least about the message being sent through your server.

Thanks,

Hi Paul. I have a gmail account. The eM client version is 6.0.22344.0. I only downloaded it this week. is it out of date? thanks for your help.

No, I don’t believe this version should be having any issues with the delivery and read receipts, please go to the advanced settings window, and enable logging for the problematic gmail account, save the settings and replicate the issue by requesting a delivery/read receipt on send, if no delivery receipt is received back, please restart the application and go back to the advanced settings window to send the logs.

However also please note that read receipts can only be sent, if the recipient confirms the receiving of the message, delivery notifications should automatically be sent out by receiving servers (if the server supports delivery notifications).

Regards,

sorry for being thick… I can see the advanced settings in the menu, but how do I enable logging? there are lots of boxes, I don’t know what to check.

Sorry about that, forgot to include that in my message, please enable IMAP logging for the problematic gmail account, that’s all we need at the moment I hope. Check the checkbox next to IMAP and keep it enabled.

Regards,

hi. thanks for that. Ive sent an email with delivery and read receipts requested… to my husband’s 2 email addresses. His sky.com one asked for a read receipt… which he sent… and I got (success…yey!) but his outlook account didn’t ask him for a read receipt. I haven’t got a delivery receipt from his sky account though. So progress… but not a complete victory as yet. Any suggestions?

If you had the logging enabled, please send me the logs by navigating to Tools > Settings > Advanced again and click on the “Send logs” button to submit the logs in an email to me for more information about the issue, please send it to [email protected] and please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,