Not receiving "Outlook.com" emails from one address

Hi,

In the last few days I am not receiving emails sent from our office which is an outlook.com address. I sent a test from my tablet and it came through. Sent the email from the office to my Gmail account and it came through.
I sent an email to the office and it went through no problem>

Anyone have any ideas as to why I am not receiving from thi one email address?

Thanking you in advance for any help!

In the last few days I am not receiving emails sent from our office which is an outlook.com address

Apart from sent emails sometimes going in the spam / junk folder “as I’m sure you’re checked already”, see if you have any rules or filters setup either in your online Outlook account mailbox or in eM Client rules to block your work Outlook.com address.

You can check eM Client for any rules via the “Menu / Rules” option. When you open rules you can select either"Local or Server rules" via the “drop-down” menu at the top. You will also see the Spam filter and sometimes Blacklist filter too with ticks next to them as well. You can dblclick on any of these rules to check them except the spam.

Now if the email is not in the spam / junk folder and no rules or filters setup in your Outlook online mailbox or in eM Client rules to block it, then I would contact your work IT guys to troubleshoot that as might be some eg: mail routing issue along the way that’s just happened.

Hi “cyberzork”!

There are no emails in the Spam/Junk.
Checked the “Rules” and the only tab that shows is “Local”.
There is no rule for any “outlook.com” in local rules
Not sure where to check for “rules or filters setup in outlook?”

Sounds like it is definitely a work problem and will have to dig deeper.

As always thank you for the reply…much appreciated!

Not sure where to check for “rules or filters setup in outlook?

If you cannot find where to check for rules or filters in Outlook.com online, suggest to ask on the MS Outlook forum or tech support via phone.

Outlook Tech Community forum

Okay will do. Thanks again!

Well I am still having this problem.
Today I tried forwarding an email from my wife’s outlook account on her ipad and it did not come through.
Sent a test email and it did not come through.
Sent a test email from my hotmail account to her ourlook account and it worked just fine.

Signed on to Outlook.com through my browser using her outlook.com address.
Sent email test to my hotmail account nothing received.
Signed on to Outlook.com through browser using my hotmail account
Sent email using my hotmail account to her outlook account and it was received.

Looks like the outlook send server has a problem.

Since you cannot contact Microsoft only by email I did send an email but will probably not hear back from them. They could learn a lot from Apple in regards to support that is for sure.

Okay now the status is as follows;

If I send an email fom my wife’s outllook account on her ipad to my hotmail account also on the ipad it comes through on the ipad. However it does not come through on my PC with EM Client?

Anyone have any ideas as to why not?

If I send an email fom my wife’s outllook account on her ipad to my hotmail account also on the ipad it comes through on the ipad. However it does not come through on my PC with EM Client?

Are you getting any other sent emails to your Hotmail account arrive in eM Client?

Yes no problem. All emails are coming through

Hi,

This problem has now been solved!
Had a buddy who has worked in IT for the last 15 years come over and see if he could determine what was going on? He checked all the ususal settings etc and then went in and checked my blocked lists. I had over five pages in EMC and he went through them four times. There was no reference in any of the rules to “outlook.com”. Did the same in Outlook by signing in through the browser…nothing there either?
After all reviews he decided to erase all of the rules in EMC and all of the blocked emails in “Outlook”.
He indicated that even though there is no distinct reference to “Outlook” there could be something hidden in one of the addresses in the rules that has a hidden agenda.

After deleteing all of the rules created over the last 2 years he restarted the computer and the problem was gone? Tested it from every angle and all mail was now coming through? Had to be something in the blocked emails that created this situation through another reference other than “outllook”.
Problem solved and will now move forward with a new list. Now I know that should the problem return it could be realted to a recent rule or blocked email in the ipad. Maybe I am not using the rules properly to block a specific address?

Thanks again for the replies in trying to assist. Alway feel comfortable knowing that there s help out there and very appreciative of the assistance. Much appreciated for the great work of everyone who monitors this forum!

1 Like