not closed correctly last time

I just retested this again to confirm and got mixed results. When I just restarted Windows with eM running, it started up smoothly. When I fully shut down the PC with eM running, and then powered it back up, it went through its database checks. I am using Windows Vista 64 bit OS and eM version 6.0.19714.

Can you check after you will close eM Client into task bar if you will still have mailclient.exe process there? Also what antivirus software do you use?

Jan

I don’t understand what you mean by closing into the task bar. When I close eM, by clicking on the “X” in the upper right corner, it no longer appears in the task bar, and the mailclient.exe process does not appear in the task manager. I use AVG Free anti-virus software.

due to eM client was not closed correctly the last time, database verification and repairing failed, resulting in cannot relaunch eM Client. How to restart the eM client?

do you see any error messages?

I am sorry I might have been confused, this is what I needed to read - so when you close eM Client completely it does not hangs in task bar - that is what I have understood now.

Could you tell me if you are using some 3rd party backup tool, also what firewall/antivirus software do you use?

I use AVG Free anti-virus software. I do use an old backup program, GFI Backup to backup my hard disk to an external disk, but it shouldn’t affect the mail program.

Actually AVG causes issues with eM Client, could you try to disable it for a while and then turn off and on your PC?

Jan