Not able to send to 1 specifc domain

Not able to send email to a specific domain using eM Client, I was able to send prior to using eM Client and still able to send via cell phone to this domain. Otherwise I can send and receive everything.

Hi Darlene, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Are you seeing any errors when trying to send the message to this specific domain? If so, can you please make a screenshot of the error message you’re seeing? What domain are you having issues with?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul, eM Client 6.0.21372.0 and my domain is arborworks.ca and the domain I’m having difficulties with is workplacesafetynorth.ca, I’m not seeing any errors next day I get a message saying that the server timed out. I had our IT professional look into it along with workplacesafetynorth.ca IT professional and they are only able to duplicate the issue using eM client, all other mail program work. I am stuck as my Outlook program is not functioning and eM Client is the only other program I can find that will sync with iCloud. Note I am able to receive form this domain.

Could it be the length of the name? Do you have any other domains with a name that long?

Hi Alan, No it is not the length of the name, as i am able to send to this recipient from my cell phone and was previously able to send from Outlook. eM Client is sending the email out, it is not being received by workplacesafetynorth.ca recipients.

Hi again Darlene, what mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you using an IMAP account?
Can you please navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your accounts, and make a screenshot of your SMTP settings for this account?

Thank you,
Paul

I’m using IMAP

Not able to paste screen shot

Hi Darlene,

You should be able to upload a screen shot using the [camera] icon below the space where you’re writing your message.

Screen shot:

Ok maybe i’m taking the screen shot wrong, I usually just press print screen then paste but not able to paste any where?

Hi Darlene,

Correct: you will first need to save your screen shot on your computer, and then browse to it after pressing the [camera] button as I’ve marked above.

By the way, I can suggest SnagIt to make screen shots (http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html) … you don’t always want to post your whole screen to the internet (can contain privacy sensitive information).

Try to change the security policy to Force usage of SSL/TLS and the port to 587, unless the recommended server settings do not allow this setting and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul

HI Paul, unfortunately this did not work but my server does recommended it, so its a good change. Though I’m still with the same problem, I will keep to eM Client as this seems to only be a problem with one domain, and I am not able to run Outlook and/or have any other program sync with iCloud for contacts. But if anybody has any ideas I willing to try anything.