Not able to connect outlook.com

getting below error while em client is trying to connect outlook.com

23:58:02 [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder list23:58:12 [email protected] [AirSync]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
23:58:14 [email protected] [AirSync]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Found invalid data while decoding. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
23:58:14    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 23:58:14 &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 23:58:14 &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c__DisplayClass33.b__2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
23:58:14 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
23:58:14 — End of inner exception stack trace —
23:58:14 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
23:58:14 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
0:00:01 [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder '[email protected]/Inbox/'
0:00:01 [email protected] [AirSync] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Found invalid data while decoding. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
0:00:01 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>0:00:01 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>0:00:01 at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c DisplayClass33.b 2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
0:00:01 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
0:00:01 — End of inner exception stack trace —
0:00:01 at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
0:00:01 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I installed eM client for the first time about half an hour ago ago to see if it can replace my Outlook 2003 installation. I did it because Outlook 2003 did not work very well after Microsoft changed their servers. Now the only options to connect to MS servers through Outlook 2003 are POP3 or IMAP. Outlook 2003’s IMAP implementation is not the best, to put it politely. Also, Airsync protocol (that eM client is trying to use as shown in the error messages you posted) may not work, depending on whether Microsoft has enabled it on the actual server that holds your mailbox.

This is related to your question in that most likely you used automatic setup to configure your account. I myself did the same thing and got this same error message.

I found out that when one uses automatic setup, eM client tries to use m.hotmail.com as the server which will not work. You need to setup your account manually and give eM client the following servers when asked:

1- Tools->Accounts->New account
2- Click on Mail->other and Next
3- Enter email address
4- Select IMAP and enter imap-mail.outlook.com as the incoming server name. Also enter your password. Click Next.
5- Enter smtp-mail.outlook.com as the outgoing server name.

eM client will say “testing” but it will still not work. At the end, you will be greeted with two “Fix” buttons that you need to click. It will chug for a while and then it will say “Fixed”. At least that’s how it has been for me.

It would be much better if there was a page (as in outlook) where it is possible to enter all the correct values and make it work.

Thanks. it worked.

Hello,
it is indeed as Chombili above describes - thank you for describing this solution.
We’re trying to accommodate to the Microsoft discontinued support of AirSync currently, but for now the automatic setup still detects Airsync for most accounts by default.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

Microsoft has not discontinued AirSync. Quite to the contrary, they are deploying new servers based on Airsync. What they have discontinued is DeltaSync, which is marketed under the name “Hotmail Connector” or “Outlook Connector”. In the office family, Outlook 2013 is the first version to have the support for ActiveSync. I am not sure if they will bring the AirSync capability to older versions of Outlook via another connector mechanism. eM client is the first client that I installed myself to have the AirSync support.

BTW, the current name of the protocol is Exchange Active Sync. AirSync is the original name of the protocol when it was first developed and is not used anymore.

My request to have a page for “advanced users” still stands. A page where it’s possible to enter the parameters manually would be less frustrating and much easier, especially considering the fact that Outlook.com web interface shows the correct values for each mailbox. It may be that the values will be different for many mailboxes (especially during this upgrade period) and therefore eM client may not have an alias like m.hotmail.com to work with.

I agree!
I am evaluating em client as a replacement for Windows Live Mail, and have the same problems. Some outlook.com accounts are actually synced OK, but my main one will not work with em client. Disappointing!