[email protected]

I tried to import old emails exported last week, when i import them again it shows the sender [email protected]

Hi, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? How did you import the data into eM Client? Did you import the messages using the import feature built into eM Client? Where did you import the data from?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

the version is 6.0.21372.0, i import the old emails from file>import then select the folder that i need

Thanks for your support

Rami

Hi again Rami, are you having this issue with all the imported messages, e.g. do all imported messages show this as the sender’s address? What application or format did you import your messages from?

Did you import the messages from a standard .eml file format?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,
I have this message from messages sends or received from our internal domain, i tried to import these messages again using eM client
Yes i did

Regards
Rami

Not completely sure what you’re suggesting, what do you mean by “received from our internal domain”? Does that mean you’ve received these messages to your inbox without the sender’s email displayed properly?

Can you please specify the application’s behavior or possibly create some screenshots of the issue for more details about the problem?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

what i mean by internal domain is “emails received from my colleagues in the same company domain”, application has no behaviour except shwing the sender address [email protected]

Regards

Hi again Rami, if the invalid address is being displayed for messages coming from your own domain, can you please right click on the received message and select “Show source”, copy the source code of the message and submit the source code to my email as an attachment to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul

…also what mail service vendor are you using in your company to host your company email? Are you using Exchange or Google apps or some other service?

Thank you,
Paul

I am having a similar issue.  When I started using EM Client (~3 years ago), I imported several PSTs from Outlook.  Some of them transferred over as [email protected].  At that time, I just wrote those off.  However, today EM Client (version: 6.0.24316.0) downloaded 57 emails from Outlook.com (mail.live) of which 13 came through as [email protected].  If I login to the Outlook.com web client, the messages are complete.  If I right click on each of these messages, and choose View Mail Source or View Mail Header, it comes up blank.

Hello Kim,
is your outlook account set up as IMAP in eM client? If so, do you have the option to ‘download messages for offline’ use checked? (this option is in Tools>Accounts section under the IMAP tab of your account).

Regards,
Olivia

In my case, these [email protected] emails seem to be generated during the synch/download process from the mail server.  When I check the date and sequence on the server and compare it to what is in my inbox, then the blank/invalid emails have replaced valid emails on the server and the originals are not there at all.  This is most distressing.  A solution would be nice.