No PGP-Support

I didn’t even know about Essential PIM … the free version of Essential PIM does not support PGP. I would really like to stay with eM Client and would GLADLY pay a one time fee of $79.95 for PGP support and em Client support (this is what Essential PIM charges). I urge eM Client to reconsider, and add PGP support to their future enhancements.

I also really need PGP Support. Big Companies in Germany need a PGP Key to send official Documents. PGP is an open Standard, but is the most used thing. So i really loved to see Support for it… Maybe as Plugin… (sorry i’m new to EM Client). But it really needed…

Think about the private Persons, whoch have no Cert class 2 or higher to sign… :wink:

And Outlook also Support PGP :wink:

*thumbsup*

I really would like this feature to get real some day

Whats more interesting is the lack of  response from the vendor, find that odd.

Hello Kevin, we’re currently not supporting PGP in eM Client, but we’re working on improving this option into future releases of eM Client.

hopefully soon

Without SoftMaker you have in Germany also little chance

Yes, hopefully soon :slight_smile:

EmClient with PGP support and with a reasonable price for a family license (3 PC) I would buy, I promise.

I know a lot of the SoftMaker Office have just acquired, because it contained the EmClient and the price was so cheap. With the “Thunderbird” having trouble to make hardly voluntary. But the decisive factor is the cost and PGP.

Wow! This is the FIRST TIME I’ve heard that eM Client will eventually support PGP (GPG). For years I’ve relegated my process to manually using GPG, copying to clipboard, then pasting to eM Client to send, and then the reverse for received email. What a hassle. I wonder how many eM Client users also spend their time doing this process? It sure will be a relief to get dynamic PGP support in eM Client, and I’d be HAPPY to pay for such a feature. Maybe make it part of Pro so the author can get paid? (and maybe expedite its implementation?)

Hello Paul:
Read the exact: which means in future releases? 7 od.8 od.9? 1 year … 5 years?

Oh btw, facebook now supports PGP keys to encrypt the notification emails that facebook is sending out to the user. Don’t you think this is a corner stone to rethink PGP/GPG Support for EM Client when even big boys like FB are pushing PGP nowadays?

Don’t you want to be on the first row when it comes to user security?

Hello Daniel, we do, that’s why we’re working on including the option in future releases as stated above. It is unfortunately not completely set when you could see the feature implemented. Note that implementing new features can be a very time consuming process just as resolving bugs.

Please be patient, we’re working on it.

Regards,

Thanks for the offer for SoftMaker customer. The price is OK and I bought as promised.

I got the offer too, but given the track record with PGP, I wait until it is implemented. Either I buy the softmaker offer then, or I buy a single license or I found another software to replace emclient which supports PGP. Currently I am evaluating Essential Pim

I also hope for the speedy implementation of PGP, until then I use parallel Thunderbird.

I suggest checking https://letsencrypt.org/ by the EFF - free secure certificates by the EFF and some reasonable corporate sponsors.
S/MIME is an acceptable solution IF emclient improves the S/MIME implementation.

Hello Paul, one may ask after 4 weeks how much of the state of PGP implementation?

The feature will be included in a future release, can’t unfortunately share any more details at the moment.

Regards,