No longer downloading Messages from Earthlink (PeoplePC)

Hi,

For whatever reason, eM Client can no longer download messages from the email server.
My account is now with earthlink, which took over the servers from peoplepc many
years ago.

On earthlink’s website, there is a path for the smtp server (smtpauth[DOT]earthlink[DOT]net).
I do not see any mention of the IMAP server, only the POP3 server (pop[DOT]peoplepc[DOT]com).

Should I use the path for the pop3 server in the IMAP entry on the setting for the
account?

I’ve tried to post a stack trace from the logs, but this web form is not letting me
(something about not allowing more than 2 links).

I do not see any issue with case mismatch on the email addresses, BTW.

5:39:10 PM xxxxxxxx[AT]peoplepc[DOT]com IMAP Synchronizing folder list
5:39:11 PM xxxxxxxx[AT]peoplepc[DOT]com IMAP Warning: Folders with the same name (Computer Related.syncsort_01, Computer Related.Syncsort_01) but different casing have been detected. Only case-sensitive folder names are supported by eM Client, so all but one will be hidden from your folder list. Please rename or delete the other folders via your web interface or contact your server administrator.:

THANKS!

Excerpt from the Earthlink web site (under Support tab search their knowledgebase for any more info):

IMAP FAQ

What are the IMAP settings?

EarthLink along with ix.netcom.com customers can use the following IMAP settings:

1. Incoming Mail Server: imap.earthlink.net

2. Incoming Port Number: 143

3. Outgoing Mail Server:smtpauth.earthlink.net

4. Outgoing Port Number: 587

MindSpring Domain Customers can use the following IMAP settings: (Note: The EarthLink settings will work for MindSpring domain names as well.)

1. Incoming Mail Server: imap.mindspring.com

2. Incoming Port Number: 143

3. Outgoing Mail Server:smtpauth.earthlink.net

4. Outgoing Port Number: 587

1 Like

It looks like this worked:

1. Incoming Mail Server: imap.mindspring.com

THANKS!