No gmail access since Google forced two step verification

Recently, Google forced users to the two step verification process during login. Since then, I can’t get eM Client to access my email. I have the red triangle next to the gmail account. I’ve tried going through the diagnostic under accounts, verifying and experimenting with the IMAP and SMTP settings. Nothing seems to work.

Any idea what I should try next? I’ve had to go back to Mail client from Microsoft, but I really prefer the eM Client interface. I can’t find anything specific to this problem in the forums.

Thanks

Are you sure they forced it?

Why not just go to your Google settings and disable 2 step authentication?

Yes Google say according to their website and any other sites, they are going to (automatically enroll users) to 2FA by the end of 2021 and have started already. Apparently it part of its plan to make sign-in more secure for all users.

(Google quote).

“By the end of 2021, we plan to auto-enroll an additional 150 million Google users in 2SV,” Google said in a statement.

@rsybel

When I enabled 2FA manually before the above happened, I had to then remove my Gmail IMAP acct setup from eM Client and then re-add the account using the automatic wizard.

When you read your account using the automatic wizard in eM Client, near the end of the wizard your browser will open where you have to click allow to access your Google account. Once you do that, you should then return to eM Client.

Note: Before removing your Gmail acct from eM Client, make a backup via “Menu / Backup”.

So why not just go and undo the setting?