No emails since Tuesday afternoon!

I’ve received no e-mails through eM Client since Tuesday afternoon. I use this as my main email resource so it’s frustrating but they are still coming through to my Outlook and iphone indicating that the problem may lie with eM rather than a server issue. I am also still able to send. Any one else having an issue?

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using? What mail service are you using?
Are you receiving any errors from the application? If so, can you please make a screenshot of this error and post it here on the forum?

Also can you make a screenshot of your current IMAP settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP tab?

Are you using any firewall/antivirus with mail protection software on your computer or in your network?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

using 6.0.20154.0

No error messages at all. The account is attached to Windows mail and has always been fine.

I don’t appear to have an IMAP tab, only General, SMTP, POP3 & Diagnostics

Not using and anti virus with mail protection and firewall has not been changed or updated.

My colleague who sits opposite seems to have the same problem but not the server as 2 other colleagues who don’t use eM Client are fine.

Thanks
Louise

Hi again, what do you mean by attached to windows mail is this a @live / @outlook or @hotmail.com account?
Can you please make a screenshot of your POP3 settings instead of IMAP then?

Also please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on POP3 logging for the problematic account…

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Use the “Send and receive button”
  4. Do a repair on your inbox folder (right click inbox and select properties > Repair > click on the “Repair” button)
    After you do this go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected]

Thank you,
Paul.

The mail account is none of the above. It’s a @btconnect.com account.

I have sent the logs and one as instructed but there is no ‘repair’ option when I follow the steps instructed . It’s just a ‘general information’ box with OK or Cancel options.

Thanks

Hi Louise, I’ve received the logs, are you using an Exchange server in your company, would you maybe consider setting up the account as IMAP or Exchange account?
Using these protocols instead of the POP3 protocol you’re using now would make folder synchronization easier, everything would be synchronized with the server which would prevent losing any of your data in case of a computer crash etc.

Also can you send me the screenshot of your account settings as I requested?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, Unfortunately I am no where near computer savvy enough to understand any of the questions about IMAP or an exchange account. All I understand is that it was working for months with no issue until Tuesday afternoon. Beyond that, I’m lost! I just sent you a shot of the pop3 settings as requested.

Thanks

Thank you so much for fixing this. No idea how you did it but it works and that’s all the IT my brain will comprehend!

No problem, glad we’ve solved it, it’s probable you are using an antivirus/firewall that was blocking the connection since you were not using an SSL (secure) connection, we’ve just changed the security policy to use SSL, and that solved the issue.

If you come across any other issues or questions, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Paul.